1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Package questions on the Touring Edition

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TouringPrius, Oct 10, 2007.

1. TouringPrius

TouringPrius Junior Member

Hi all, nice forum you have here and would like to be a part of the community. I am the recent owner of a 2007 Prius Touring Edition in Silver. I absolutely love the car with too many reasons to list.

I just registered on your site, and one of the options while registering required me to identify my model year and package installed. But mine wasn't listed. According to my sticker, I have the Touring Edition with the #2 package, which isn't listed as an option to pick from on your list when I registered. Next to the #2 Package on my Vehicle Sticker, is the letters HG if that helps anyone. The HG Package #2 includes: Vehicle Stability Control, Backup Camera, Smart Key System, AM/FM CD w/6 Speakers, Aux Audio Input Miniplug, and MP3/WMA Playback Capability. Then it just states, TV Touring Edition.

I wish they would have listed the Touring Edition components seperately. I will list some of the items that might be part of the Touring Edition, maybe someone can post which of these items are standard on all 2007 Prius. I know, like the 16" Alloy Wheels & tires and the tuned front and rear suspension (which handles very nicely, are exclusive, but please point out what else is.

Items in question: Traction Control (TRAC), DTPM System, HID Headlamps & integrated fog lamps, Pwr heated outside mirrors, Chrome front grill, Large rear spoiler, Remote keyless entry, Engine Immobilizer, Tilt steering with climate and audio controls, Overhead console with map lights.

I also got the mats, front, rear and cargo and the ToyoGaurd crap. I know the ToyoGaurd package is just a way for the dealer to make a ton of money on very little added benefit to the vehicle, and wished I had rather waited for one without this dealer add-on, but was in a hurry to purchase. There are a ton of other items listed, but I think they are standard with all 2007 Prius.

As for first impressions on the car, it has nice fit and finish except for the hard plastic door panels, like where you would place your elbow if you were to ride with the windows down. When I do place my elbow on the panel, which is a rarity, it creaks pretty badly. This car handles very firmly and takes turns planted to the road, with very very little body lean. I volunteered to take some co-workers out to lunch in my car, which they love by the way. And our combined weight was well over 1000 lbs (yes, that is sad but true, I am on a diet, lol) one guy is over 400 lbs, and the car still handled like a dream, very solid with little roll at all in turns.

With most small cars, this much weight would be taxing on the engine when accelerating from a stop, but the Prius, with the electric motor torque, pulled our weight as if I was driving alone, I couldn't believe it. Oh well, I don't won't to waste anymore of your time, and glad to be here sharing my experience with my new car.

One more thing, I had the windows tinted the darkest legal in Florida and pulled the hubcaps off to reveal the nice alloys underneath. I think the silver exterior, dark windows, and slightly darker wheels make a nice combination. I will post a pic soon, but I want to purchase some center caps first, lol.

2. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TouringPrius @ Oct 10 2007, 10:31 PM) [snapback]523998[/snapback]</div>
    The Touring model has all of the features of a standard Prius PLUS:

1. Tuned front and rear suspension
    2. 16" alloy wheels P195/55r 16 Tires
    3. HID headlamps & Integrated Fog Lamps
    4. Larger Rear Spoiler

The rest of the items are either a Package Item or a Standard Feature. The Toyota web site lists all of the Prii model features and Package equipment breakdowns if you need further clarification.