1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 PRIUS ADDS TOURING EDITION ~~~ PRICES, PACKAGES AND COLOR EXCEPTIONS !!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Vegemann, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Vegemann

Vegemann New Member

Just put down $500 on my 2007 Prius with Touring Package 6. Ordered Seaside Pearl with Dark Grey interior. They made no promises on the interior color due to Toyota’s allocation process. Dealership promised by October sometime…we’ll see. Also, you cannot get the new touring edition in Black or white!

Here is a copy of the printed info they gave me. Hopefully this will help those thinking about a 2007. Placing orders this late in the year “almost†guarantees you a 2007 anyway as Toyota is “re-tooling†it’s production plants in August for the 2007’s.

Also, the Driver and front passenger front seat-mounted side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags are now standard on the 2007. They are no longer an option !!!

Printed Info:

“2007 Prius will receive driver and passenger front seat side mounted airbags, plus front and rear curtain shield airbags as standard equipment for 2007. For 07, the carryover model #1224 Prius MSRP increases $450 to $22,175.

In addition to the increased safety features, a new, innovative. Prius Touring Edition is introduced. This new model gives Prius a more spirited driving experience. In addition to Prius' standard equipment, the Touring model receives: Tuned suspension, 16" Alloy wheels, Rear Spoiler (+1" deeper vs. standard spoiler), High intensity discharge (HID) headlamps and integrated fog lights.

The addition curtain shield airbags to Prius' standard equipment and introduction of the Touring Edition have altered the Option package content and pricing.â€

Here are the packages with MSRP pricing: (note that these seem to be August prices…don’t know if this means an increase along the way)

My dealer here in Colorado notes that “Prices include freight only.†For me it was $580 which was in addition to the base price. Other dealers may vary I imagine.

(Standard Grade – Model 1224)

Package 1
    Option code - HE
    Package MSRP - $825
    Base price with this package $23,580
    Backup Monitor
    Smart Key System
    MP3/WMA playback capability, and auxiliary audio input miniplug

Package 2
    Option code - HG
    Package MSRP - $1,175
    Base price with this package $23,930
    Backup Monitor
    Smart Key System
    Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)

Package 3
    Option code - HI
    MSRP - $2,555
    Base price with this package $ ???
    Backup Monitor
    Smart Key System
    Anti-theft system plus Homelink universal transceiver
    JBL Premium AM/FM 6-disc In-dash CD changer, nine speakers
    MP3/WMA playback capability auxiliary audio input miniplug
    Hands-free Bluetooth phone capability

Package 4
    Option code - HK
    Package MSRP - $3,180
    Base price with this package $25,935
    Backup Monitor
    Smart Key System
    High Intensity discharge (HID) headlamps and Integrated fog lamps

Package 5
    Option code - NL
    Package MSRP - $5,080
    Base price with this package $27,835
    Backup Monitor
    Smart Key System
    Voice-activated DVD navigation system

Package 6
    Option code - NW
    Package MSRP - $6,350
    Base price with this package $29,105
    Backup Monitor
    Smart Key System
    Leather trimmed seats and steering wheel

(Touring Edition – Model 1226)

Package 1
    Option code - HE
    Package MSRP - $825
    Base price with this package $ (???)
    Backup Monitor
    Smart Key System

Package 2
    Option code - HG
    Package MSRP - $1,175
    Base price with this package $24,825
    Backup Monitor
    Smart Key System

Package 3
    Option code - HI
    Package MSRP - $2,555
    Base price with this package $ (???)
    Backup Monitor
    Smart Key System

No Touring Package 4 !!!

Package Touring 5

Option code - NM
    Package MSRP - $4,455
    Base price with this package $28,105
    Backup Monitor
    Smart Key System

Package Touring 6
    Option code - NR
    Package MSRP - $5,725
    Base price with this package $29,375
    Backup Monitor
    Smart Key System
    Leather trimmed seats and steering wheel

2. dvdirv

dvdirv Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You forgot to add the Navigation system to packages 5 & 6.

I just couldn't figure out why package 5 cost $1900 more than package 4 with the same equipment. :rolleyes:

3. Vegemann

Vegemann New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dvdirv @ Jul 31 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]295504[/snapback]</div>

You're right, I added it in now. Thanx for catching that.

4. tyrael

tyrael Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So the question is...what are they taking out of the 2006 model to keep the price lower while adding in all those new things? I want one!!!

5. Vegemann

Vegemann New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tyrael @ Aug 1 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]295633[/snapback]</div>
    The way it was explained to me was that since they will make the side airbags standard in 2007 the consumer is now saving the $650 side air bag "option" on the new models. Side note: I saved almost $700 in shopping the dealers in my area. Some of them are really "out of control." !!!!

6. mcsj

mcsj Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegemann @ Jul 31 2006, 08:25 PM) [snapback]295443[/snapback]</div>

That sounds like the 2006 Package #4, only a few hundred dollars cheaper...

7. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The Touring Edition is $895 more and you get "Tuned suspension, 16" Alloy wheels, Rear Spoiler (+1" deeper vs. standard spoiler), High intensity discharge (HID) headlamps and integrated fog lights.".

HID and Fog lights are already $625 (difference between #3 and #4) so the rest costs $270.

Dennis

8. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tyrael @ Aug 1 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]295633[/snapback]</div>
    I think that the overall cost of producing the synergy drive hybrid system has dropped, and that is reflected in the new MSRP. I think the 08's will be even cheaper.

9. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mcsj @ Aug 1 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]295673[/snapback]</div>
    That's if you don't factor in the tax credit, of course...

10. theorist

theorist Member

Anyone considering the Touring package might consider the cost and availability of replacement 195/55r16 tires compared with the standard 185/65r15 size. The touring's 195/55r16 size is currently rare in the USA and most of the options are expensive, run flats, and not suitable for any snow or ice.

The Mini is the only other car I know of that uses the 195/55r16 size as OEM. You might use a different size replacement tire on the touring's 16" wheels. The 205/50r16, 205/55r16, and 215/50r16 sizes are much more common, offering more choices and lower prices. Is anyone using any of these sizes with aftermarket rims on their Prius now?

11. r53

r53 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starfall @ Aug 1 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]295717[/snapback]</div>
    But it is one model year newer. Does that offset the loss of half of the tax credit if you take delivery after sept but before the end of the second quarter?

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think the side airbags and side curtain airbags were already standard. They were part of the package 1 2005 Prius when I bought mine. The only way to NOT have them was to special order a package 0 car. Why anyone would do that is beyond me. Now the smart key and back up camera have been added to the standard package 1. Thus the increase in the package 1 price.

It's nice to see the VSC is becoming more standard on most of the packages too.

And what is "tuned suspension"? Most of the other touring stuff you can do aftermarket, the wheels being the easiest. I have no interest in the touring edition. But it's nice it's out there as an option for people. Two kinds of Prii now.

I can't wait to hear what the 2009 models will offer. (I hope dark blue....still no dark blue.)

13. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 5 2006, 03:07 PM) [snapback]298298[/snapback]</div>
    No, 2006 pkg#2 (HE) had no side air bags or front and rear side curtain.

14. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I use tires in the size 205/55r16 . They fit fine on the 16 inch Prius wheels.

15. kariv90

kariv90 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegemann @ Jul 31 2006, 06:25 PM) [snapback]295443[/snapback]</div>

Which dealer did you purchase from in CO? We just started looking. Did I understand you that the $580 was included in the base price, not in addition? Did they only charge you the flat MSRP cost? Thanks for the info!

16. gplm2007

gplm2007 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegemann @ Jul 31 2006, 08:25 PM) [snapback]295443[/snapback]</div>

Prius Touring does come in Black--I own one. It also comes in White, Red & Gray(I own one too). If you want leather, get aftermarket leather through the dealer, around $900. Better than factory. Package#2 is all you need. Sound is great. Mileage averages 39-42mpg in city, 44-45mpg on highway. Not even close to 60/51 sticker. Great cars fun to drive. :)

17. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :rolleyes: Different opinion on leather....

I insisted on FACTORY-INSTALLED LEATHER. In the 5-state region including Texas, the port-installed leather includes something described as "liqui-cell comfort" - a thin pad installed beneath the leather with tiny liquid-filled cells, I guess under the seating areas. In shopping, we found that pad to make the seat bottom feel and look kinda 'lumpy.' In addition, the port-installed leather does not include the leather-wrapped steering wheel. I also note that the factory leather costs virtually the same as port-installed, so it's not a cost factor.

A dealer had both in stock, so I was able to compare the Pkg 5 with port-installed leather to the Pkg 6 factory leather. The factory leather was smoother and fit better. The Internet Manager at that dealer assured me that "All leather is port installed." I suggested he check his specifications for Package 6. He discovered that my comment was correct. Another small example of Prius owners, and sometimes Prius buyers, tend to know more than the dealers' sales personnel.

18. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Dec 19 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]364192[/snapback]</div>
    I have the Ligui-cell in my car and I have never complained of a seating comfort issure, other then I will I could lower the seat three inches in the back and two in the front. I don't have leather on my stearing wheel or on my door arm rest and I wish I did. All in all I am glad I got the leater.