1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Auxiliary Input, help me please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by maghajan, Jan 15, 2008.

1. maghajan

maghajan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a 2007 Prius, Option 1 and i would like it to have an auxiliary input (1/8" input).

There is no auxiliary input on the front stereo and there is no auxiliary input in the center console (between the driver seat and front passenger seat). I have called a couple stores about installing an auxiliary input and they are quoting me prices from $250 on up. All I want is a 1/8" input jack to be able to plug in my external audio devices, that's it. I don't care if it doesn't show up on the video display, I don't care if it stays on after I turn off my car.

Someone please help, please.

I have done many searches on this topic, some solutions are too old and most don't seem to apply to my year/model. Thank you for your time!

2. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2007 with package 1 and it came with a 1/8" jack in the compartment under the center armrest. I keep a cord with two male ends plugged in to it all the time and plug the other end of it in my ipod when I want to play it through the Prius radio. Take another look and you should find the jack you are looking for under the armrest.

3. maghajan

maghajan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for the reply! I have read before that there is an 1/8" input in the space inside the armrest, but the only electronic module in there that i can see is what looks like another cigarette lighter hole. I tried looking inside the cigarette lighter thing, doesn't look like there is an 1/8" input in there. Any other suggestions? :-(

4. lesturner

lesturner Taming the Dragon - Tennessee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The Aux input should be just to the left of the 12v power plug in the console. Mine has a cover over it.

I have an option 6 touring and do not know what trim level you need to have for the Aux input to be there...

5. flashsolutions

flashsolutions Flashsolutions

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well I'll be darned. Had to see if my 2008 has one and sure nuff, there it is.

Pic quality is rather bad from my cellphone at night, but you should be able to see none the less.

Attached Files:

6. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The manual actually does tell you where it is...

7. maghajan

maghajan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Dear flashsolutions,

Thank you for the pictures. My Prius has the car lighter thing on the left side of the pictures you posted but does not have the cool aux input thing that is in your pictures. :-(

Any suggestions? Do you think maybe all the wiring for the aux input is already there and i just need to attach the 1/8" input to it? Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks again for helping me in this time of wondering if the $250 i spent on an ipod will ever be enjoyed in my car!

8. NY-Vmax-Joe

NY-Vmax-Joe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Our 2008 (package one) ,don't have a AUX plug either in the center console. It's no longer standard equipment in a stripped base model Prius.
    I thought all the 2007's did have it though.

No one here on Priuschat has been able to throw me any info on how I can get a aux wire plugged into the back of my single CD radio so I can use my Ipod. I bought a $20 FM transmitter but the sound quality sucks, along with my base model speakers.

wish my wife could have sprung for a JBL higher package prius.

9. Pegasus_

Pegasus_ New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I too have a 2007 "package 0" and it doesn't have an AUX jack either. Looks like a PAC AUX-BOX is the way to go. I wonder if I can't just rig something up though. $75 seems like a lot to pay for such a simple addition. Does anyone have the pinouts to the factory stereo?

10. 007clint

007clint New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I also have a 2007 Prius with a single CD (package 0 or 1 - what is the difference?) that doesn't have a plug next to the 12v power plug in the console. Does anyone know if the radio has RCA jacks on the back of the radio and/or instructions on how to get to the back of the radio?

11. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A quick search of the forums will result in many hits on how to add the functionality. Its not built in to the base unit so you will need to add something.

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbs=lr%3Alang_1en&as_q=add+AUX+base&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=100&lr=lang_en&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=priuschat.com&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=active]- Google Search[/ame]

12. Joshua techincian

Joshua techincian New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Bro bro I u wanna run anything more then what is already running off the 12 volt u must use a regulated buck converter so it can regulate the small amount required to run whatever it is u want of it or install a super audio capacitor to maintain the levels hig just make sure ur not like other people take sure u discharge any capacitor BE4 installing it into the electrical system .

13. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I haven't needed a "regulated buck converter" for anything I wanted to run from the car's 12 volt system, and probably nobody in this fourteen-year-old thread did either. :)

dcwenger likes this.