1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius B1472 DTC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sam Smith, Aug 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sam Smith

Sam Smith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My '07 Prius was bought new. Hybrid battery failed in 2016 and I replaced with with a refurbished battery.
    Recently the Air Conditioner quit working and when I checked the DTC's, I found a B1472 A/C Inverter High Voltage Output System code. I unplugged the cable from the Inverter/Converter to the AC Compressor and I was able to clear the trouble code. Had pretty well decided that is was the electric compressor and was getting ready to replace it.
    Yesterday, I decided to check again. The AC compressor is still unplugged (two weeks of daily, sometimes hot driving now) and I found no DTC's. Then, I turned on the AC and, bang, there was the B1472 code. I am now thinking that the short s in the Converter/Inverter, not the AC compressor.

Before I spend any money, any suggestions? Further diagnostics? Feelings about buying a used Inverter from a salvage yard?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if you don't mind the work, trial and error is fine with salvage parts. they are usually not an issue.

if you would rather nail it down and do it once, get a copy of tech stream and a subscription to the service manual.

all the best!(y)