1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Base Rear Struts/Shocks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rick 432, Sep 20, 2024 at 5:26 PM.

1. Rick 432

Rick 432 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My right rear shocks failed on my 2007 Prius Base. Any thoughts on replacement manufacturer companies. Lots of companies out there and I don't want to make a mistake. Thanks guys!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    No mistake to make with these I mean shocks or shocks and their shocks some people claim they can tell the humongous difference in all kinds of feelings and so on and so forth for certain brands etc I've used bilstein's KYBs tokiko and others I can't hardly tell them apart I've also got some cars with coilovers with adjustable rebound and compression and ride height adjustment and camber and castor and all that that you could play with until you're blue in the face and not a lot The last car I just did a generation two one of my own I ordered middle of the road struts complete and instead of variable rate springs like the car kind of comes with these have single rate so they seem to be a little heavier and a tad bit stiffer but it's hard to really notice Very happy with them the whole set was $240 I think delivered to my door they look very reasonably built their gas and they look right next to the factory just like they're supposed to except the springs aren't as dainty if you will If need be I can send you the exact set they were off eBay some kind of funny name you know like the Chinese always do have those hysterical names.

Rick 432 likes this.
  3. Rick 432

Rick 432 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you........I always try to minimize my mistakes!!!! LOL