1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius bumper grill replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by sansun, Oct 27, 2012.

1. sansun

sansun New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2007 Prius whose bumper cover bottom lip was hit by a tire debris left on the highway and torn. This has made the bottom plastic grill to broke into 3 pieces and needs to be replaced. I am thinking for doing it myself to save money and I have 2 questions to ask in this forum:
    1) Painted Used OEM bumpers are they good? How do they match the paint, my Prius is Magnetic gray (I looked at some other mod site and the color code # is: 1G3) is this good to make a judgement that they will match in color? My Prius mostly garage kept and so I believe that the color shade difference will not be that great contrast with other parts of the car.
    2) For the insert grill (the one broke in to 3 pieces), I see the one with fog lights are cheaper than the one without fog lights. My Prius didn't come with fog light. but I am thinking of adding fog light to improve visibility ( shamelessly to add here: the cool factor ) is this achievable by adding this grille insert alone? and is this a good one to go for it GRILLCRAFT® - BG Series Polished Bumper Billet Grille?
    Thank you and appreciate any suggestions.

2. Daves09prius

Daves09prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    For your first question, can a used painted bumper cover be any good? - yes most used remanufactured bumper coves are going to be the same like kind and quality of a new OEM bumper cover but less money. Your other option is to get a CAPA certified aftermarket bumper cover which is certified to be the same like kind and quality as an OEM bumper cover. This is still less cost than paying for a new OEM bumper cover. Are you filing through insurance or paying out of pocket? the grille inserts can be found rather inexpensively at RockAuto Auto Parts they usually have excellent prices for parts.

3. Daves09prius

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    The paint code for your car is in the drivers door jamb on the vin sticker (large black sticker with barcode on it).
    [​IMG]
    the code is in the lower left hand corner the vin plate will say "C/TR" That means "color/trim" see the picture below - My color code is 1F7

[​IMG]

4. Daves09prius

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    SANSUN are you planning on ordering a pre-painted used bumper? or are you planning on buying a used bumper and taking it to a bodyshop to get painted?