1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius, Combining VAIS, Lockpick3+, Factory XM?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jsa_ny, Aug 16, 2007.

1. jsa_ny

jsa_ny New Member

Hey folks. Great forum you have here, I've learned much.

I'm getting ready to mod my 2007 Prius (Pkg6). Reading all your input for weeks, what I really want for my system is:

1) Coastal Etech Lockpick 3+ (Purpose: NAV unlock, Phone unlock, could care less about video)
    2) VAIS iPod integration (Seems to be recommended as more stable over DICE)
    3) XM...(Considering factory/non-aftermarket nit).
    4) Hymotion (Yeah, whenever that is available).

So I've been reading these forums and I haven't been able to find anyone claiming to have all 1-3 installed.

Are there any gotchas? Any reason to NOT install the factory XM? Can all this stuff work together?

Thanks folks.

-j

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jsa_ny @ Aug 16 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]497365[/snapback]</div>
    Well I can say it. Just as long as you don't install the VIAS in Sat mode, you'll be fine.

3. steven@lov2krz.com

[email protected] New Member

I have the factory XM and love it, complete control via the Multi Function Display. Also have the Lockpick 3 basic which I found to be the wrong one so Coastal E Tech is replacing it with the plus. It does unlock the Nav system so you can have access to it while the car is in motion. I'm not willing to spend $5-10k on making the car plug in. Would really like to plug the stock car in to my PV solar already installed on my house but heard that its not possible.