1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Electronics

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by 007clint, Aug 1, 2010.

1. 007clint

007clint New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My 2007 Prius has a CD player, no nav, no visible radio input jacks, no bluetooth. How do I get to the back of the radio (utube video or illustrated instructions)? I want to add bluetooth iphone stereo and phone to the radio-controlled speakers (and maybe screen controls?). Has anyone done this? I found a cool bluetooth device that plugs into RCA plugs BUT does my radio even have them hiddened?!?

2. krg03

krg03 Not expert, just experienced

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    First check to see inside the center console if there is a aux jack. Open armrest, lower front of the box. Its well hidden.

As far as disassemble to get to the radio. Search in the modifications forum. there are people that post how to disassemble the dash. Depending on what you want to do there is more than just plugging in some RCA jacks to allow your iphone to work. There is a thread which there are different FM xmitters people added. Easiest but not always the most clear and static free.

Bluetooth: exactly what are you trying to accomplish. Iphone isn't bluetooth friendly for xmiting music. Just for phone use via bluetooth.
    try techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/chris-dragon-dash.pdf