1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius in Bloomington, IN

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by leonar40, Oct 28, 2008.

1. leonar40

leonar40 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    First time poster here. Wife and I just bought a 2007 Prius with 21K miles on it a couple weeks ago. We were on the list for a new one for about 4 months but were still #14 on the list, so we decided on the used one. Saved about $5K too. Just had the XM receiver added last weekend and now she is happy. :) BTW, you can add the XM receiver to any radio. I did some searching on here and it seemed like people weren't sure if you needed the upgraded radio or not. You don't, as we have the base single disc radio, and it still has the expansion port on the back for the XM receiver. Pretty slick! So far we are getting right around 50mpg, so we are really happy with that. Other then some strange noises coming from the hood that you have to get used to (electric pumps, fluid moving around after you turn off the car, etc) it seems like a great car!

2. saintjerome

saintjerome New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi!
    It is a small world. My son is going to Indiana grad school. I am having a 2007 Prius salvage car restored with a PHEV pack within an hour's drive of you. If you ever have technical issues with your car, there is a Prius genius at the company Auto Be Yours. Steve deals almost exclusively with Priuses. He will install the Plug in Supply PHEV kit at a very reasonable cost. Let me know if you want any more info. Nice to meet you.

saintjerome