1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Info

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by naterprius, May 8, 2006.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    "Toyota adds a new Prius Touring Edition to the 2007 lineup. Curtain
    side airbags and side airbags become standard on all models."

http://www.arifleet.com/pnews/2006/pn608.pdf

Nate

2. clintd555

clintd555 New Member

Those should improve it's not so good performance on side-impact. :)

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, you think the "Touring Edition" will have better seats and bigger wheels..maybe a pin stripe? Any thoughts...what have other Toyota Touring Editions had that the 'standard edition' did not?

4. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ May 8 2006, 05:32 PM) [snapback]251726[/snapback]</div>
    Correct me if i'm wrong.

Bigger rear spoiler
    Front spoiler
    Side skirts
    Rear lower spoiler
    Cool new rims

Basically everything on the top of sigma prius website.

I think this is what other countrys have already and there might be more. I've been looking at the Jap prius for a while now. I'm trying to convert mine. :D

I plan on getting the larger rear spoiler and the front spoiler to upgrade my 06 to a simi touring car :D

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ahh.. so my guess about a special edition for 2007 was correct. (see other threads on Magnetic Grey). I thought Magnetic Grey would be used as a special colour for that edition but seeing how it's now available on regular packages, I'm partially wrong (or partially correct heh)

6. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Aha, an "edition" to counter the car's primarily-urban image?

GOTS to have adjustable seats to make people think "touring". But sounds like we may have to buy a few thousands' worth of other stuff to get 'em.

7. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So when will the 2007 model arrive in California? Will the 2007 still get the tax credit given it's either under 60,000 or one quarter after the 60k?

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uclabruins @ May 8 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]251838[/snapback]</div>
    More than likely won't get there until Oct. or Nov.

More than likely the tax credit will be reduced by 50% after Sept. 1st.

9. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can anyone translate Japanese? Here is the Japan Touring car options web page.

Japan Prius Touring car.

Here are my guesses of what the pictures are.

Left to right top to bottom.

1. HID or killer laser beams???????
    2. The cool new rims.
    3. Bigger rear spoiler.
    4. Lower rear color spoiler. I'm guessing this will also include the front lower spoiler and side skirts.
    5. I have no clue on this one because of the small picture but i'm going to guess anyway. Its some kind of spare tire compartment storage? or something to fuel the killer laser beam above.

[edit] I take back what I said about number 4 about the front lower spoiler and side skirts. I found package A on the site as a seprate package. Maybe number 4 is something else?

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Japanese Touring model has been around since its launch in 2004. The S Touring is new though. The standard model gets our 15" alloys while Touring models get the "euro" 16". The rear spoiler is the Type B and is longer. With #5, I think it's run flat tyres with a tyre mobility kit in replacement of a spare tyre.

11. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 10 2006, 01:31 AM) [snapback]252636[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds cool. I was reading through with bablefish and seen where they have the run flat kits and thought that might be it. What about number 1 and number 4? I hope number 1 is the killer laser beams. :D

I would also like to see that really deep bright blue color they have come to the states. I would love to have that blue for my car.

12. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ May 10 2006, 01:18 PM) [snapback]252599[/snapback]</div>
    1. HID head lamp (with auto-leveling feature)
    2. 195/55R16 wheel and tire
    3. longer rear spoiler
    4. rear bumper spoiler, black one (I believe it is a standard in the US)
    5. puncture repair kit with air compressor (no spare tire)

Ken@Japan

13. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ken1784 @ May 10 2006, 02:35 AM) [snapback]252654[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks! I could not tell what number 4 and 5 was because of the small pictures. I'm disappointed that we dont get killer laser beams. :(

14. sabujo

sabujo New Member

Concerning the Airbags, in Portugal we don't have the option. All models come with courtain airbags and torso side airbags. So it's a standard here already. I only had to choose if I wanted the Value Pack or not (GPS, Cruise Control, JBL Radio and Keyless entry).

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Funny how cruise control is still considered an option. I guess expressways in Europe don't mean cruising speed? hehe

theforce, that blue is not available here. Kinda annoying cause I would've bought that colour. There is a cab company here that uses dark blue as their company colour and I can say the Prius looks damn sharp!

16. RONIN 47R

RONIN 47R New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ May 8 2006, 02:43 PM) [snapback]251736[/snapback]</div>

I'm sure you meant nothing by abbreviating the word Japan but those two extra letters make a big difference. Just ask my grandparents who were interned in horse stalls during WWII which didn't stop him from joining the 442nd and later the MIS. Just sharing. Thanks. :)

17. momfortheenvironment

Oh man I love that blue, hmmm wonder if I should wait???? Also I think alta vista can translate pages.

18. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah it sucks we dont get that blue color. I was actually thinking about getting the Insight because it came in a nice blue. I decided on the Prius because of all the cool features like EV mode. :D I do like the Barcelona Red. I think that it and the silver are the only colors that really looks good for the Prius. I think all the others colors are dull. I want someting that stands out like bold colors. Bright yellow, Blue, Red, ect...

19. momfortheenvironment

20. geminione00

geminione00 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ May 10 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]252983[/snapback]</div>
    I certainly believe that the Silver Pine Mica prominently stands out. The car definitely gets the attention and it's a unique color. :p