1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius - iPhone glitches

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mdh0153, Aug 10, 2010.

1. mdh0153

mdh0153 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2007 Package 2 (with a few added accessories from the previous owner), and an iPhone 3gs. I was able to pair them sucessfully, it shows the signal, battery strength, all that fun stuff. Beyond this, I've had a couple problems...

Quite often, people tell me that I'm cutting out or that they can barely hear me. As soon as I switch out of the bluetooth connection (and into normal phone mode), people can hear me just fine. So I know it's not the phone's problem connecting to the cellular network.

Not only this, when I switch the connection over to normal (put it up to my ear) phone mode, the car keeps switching it back to bluetooth mode. So if I'm trying to talk to someone who can't hear me, I have to open up the iPhone system preferences (while I'm driving) and turn off bluetooth in order to have an uninterrupted conversation. Is anyone having this problem?

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. mdh0153

mdh0153 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I raised the bluetooth mic volume quite a bit, I'll give it a test tomorrow and let you know if it works. If it does, that should solve the 'in a cave' problem.

Do anyone have any idea about connection problem with the iPhone? As in the switching in and out of bluetooth mode and normal phone mode? Thanks for the help!

4. krg03

krg03 Not expert, just experienced

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Been using it for a month quite a bit. No complaints or problems

I use this cradle
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B003L2D5RO?tag=priuschatcom-20 this for more outlets with the power mod.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003174TWE/ref=oss_product

mounted cradle above the power button, silicone to the dash cover and ran the cables under the cover (pulls out easy)

while I was in the console mounted another power outlet for the back seats. Open rear cupholders exposes power outlet.

6' aux cable under the carpet into the console. Music, power and dock

5. mdh0153

mdh0153 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sounds interesting. Did you take any pictures of the process during installation?