1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Movement Override To Display CD Audio Tracks On Screen While Moving??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Susan4ET, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    2007 Prius w/ Option 3. I found old discussion of earlier Prius on this but nothing new.

Anyway temporary or permanent way found to override (unblock) the motion sensor so I can access the audio tracks on a CD I am listening to while driving. Currently as soon as I start moving the audio track screen blanks out.

Thank you.

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You can disable the speed sensor switch using a toggle switch, but it's only good for like 30 seconds or a minute.... There's the Lockpick kit as well.

3. Raider

Raider New Member

Im not sure if you mean the mp3 file display but I figured out for mp3, place different file folders on the disc to easily jump between selections.

folder 1
    song 1
    song 2
    song 3
    folder 2
    song 1
    song 2
    song 3
    song 4

They allow you to see folders, up/down between folders but not view the files so I just created mp3 CDs using this method.

I would think the lockpick would cancel all in-motion disable functions like navigation/phone and mp3 CD play.

4. Raider

Raider New Member

5. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've decided to take a different approach to the console screen audio track lock-out when the car is moving. I contacted the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration by phone who, according to Toyota, governed locking out access to this track information on the screen...and filed a safety claim or whatever it is called stating that all functions on this touch screen were driving distractions and that the entire screen should be blocked or locked out of use while the Prius is moving. The counter to doing this of course will be that if these various functions are not distracting then certainly looking at or selecting an audio track isn't a distraction either and that zeroing in on just this one feature by NHTSA is absurd.

They will be sending me the claim to approve and sign which I fully intend to do with corrections if needed. They can choose to file it or toss it or argue any points they care to with me or not. Since this is a government agency and I am only a single individual you can well imagine correctly that I have absolutely no optimism that this will go anywhere. Believe me I will laugh my head off if they issue a recall campaign to lock-out the entire touch screen while the car is moving.

But, on the other hand, it really is a safety issue. Unattentive drivers crash their cars all the time by all sorts of distractions such as changing radio, air, phone, and gas mpg settings and monitoring attention. "Pulse and Glide monitoring is a huge distraction. This whole subject is a mess and is costing lives every single day. Depending on the situation, traffic, speed, etc. if you take your eye off the road for a second and/or miss seeing or doing something at the wrong time, in the wrong place you can damage property or hurt or kill someone.

So go ahead and laugh all you want about this.

6. RGray

RGray New Member

Should probably take out the fuel gauge and speedometer as well. Who ever thought to put a radio in a car is Satan's child.
    btw...I would never allow a passenger to use the expensive Nav system, I don't want to know when to turn until the last second. Keeps life exciting.

7. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Susan4ET @ Sep 29 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]519107[/snapback]</div>
    I really hope this is a joke, otherwise it's a rather a**hole-ish thing to do.

1 person likes this.
  8. jasonshawn2005

jasonshawn2005 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOCKPICK 3

You can bypass the I agree screen and change the nav functions while in motion and even use the bluetooth.

9. Banjoman

Banjoman Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    And while we are getting so safety minded, we should also petition for helmet laws for driving/riding in cars since most fatal injuries in cars are head related.

10. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I won't laugh and I feel sure every Prius owner will thank you if you are successful. Good luck. (should be a confused looking face here)