1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius no Power to Halogen Headlights Hi or Low beams

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by cscarhunters, Oct 5, 2017.

1. cscarhunters

cscarhunters New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum and new to the Prius as well. I just purchased a higher mileage 2007 to use for a shop vehicle to try to save us some bucks annually. (I am a used car dealer) I didn't buy this one for resale. I bought it to save money on gas.

All that said, Everything seems to be working great except for the headlights... I have no power to the headlight sockets, and no power to any of the fuses. Both High and Low fuses for both sides are not getting voltage while the lights are turned on. (Multi-meter to ground and socket as well as fuses. Both with and without fuses installed to test for voltage)

Inside the vehicle there are no warnings or indications that there is a problem with the lights. When I turn the lights on, I get the green light on the center of the dash, and when I pull the high beams, I get the blue light on the dash.

I have replaced the Headlight sockets, the halogen lamps, the Headlight Relay, and also the lighting control module under the dash (On the fuse block under the dash)

I think our next step will be to check connections on the back side of the fuse panel in the engine compartment then trace the wires from the bottom of the engine compartment fuse panel back to the fuse block under the dash or where ever it goes.

I am a mechanic, this shouldn't be a big deal, but I am stumped...

Is there something obvious, as a new Prius owner, that I am overlooking?

Appreciate any input I can get!