1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Touring (Front End Damage) Sell or Fix?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lzstt0, Jun 28, 2010.

1. lzstt0

lzstt0 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My beloved 2007 Prius Touring (with package #5) got into an accident late last week. The other car ran a red light, basically I had about 1/2 a second to respond to him turning in front of me ... I was going slow enough that the airbags did not deploy, but there are some damages. So now the question is whether to repair or sell. Wondering if anyone has had this type of damage and had it put it back together properly. The radiator and condenser are bent, they told me that they have to replace 2 rails. I read somewhere there are sensors on these rails, not sure if they needed to be replaced. Besides the frontal damage, all the doors are fine, they open and close with that sound like when you're sealing a pressurized door. The engine starts, and you can steer the car. Does anyone know if there are bodyshops or people out there who would want to buy this Prius? I'm going to start negotiating with the insurance company tomorrow, any tips or thoughts would be appreciated. The pic looks pretty bad, but that's the bodyshop having torn it down to the point where they can start repairs. The hood is also bent a bit, I'm thinking that's a replacement. I have additional pics if anyone is interested, thanks!:(

Attached Files:

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The damage doesn't look very bad, if you decide to have the car repaired by a competent bodyshop the car should be restored to like-new condition without too much trouble.

Looks like you've got a large collection of leaves in the cowl area, I suppose the car is frequently parked under a tree?

Good luck with your decision.

3. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Sorry to hear the bad news. Are they going to replace the radiator and condenser? If not then at least they need to be checked for leaks/cracks.

Concerning the insurance company I would insist on using genuine Toyota parts for repairs. Good luck! :)

That caught my eye too. Time to clean it up. :)