1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius w/ GBB, NOS ABS, Habitent, but 300k Miles - Price?

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by MobilePrius, Feb 27, 2024.

1. MobilePrius

MobilePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    IMG_4252.jpeg IMG_4254.jpeg IMG_4240.jpeg IMG_4243.jpeg IMG_4244.jpeg IMG_4232.jpeg IMG_4172.jpeg IMG_4257.jpeg

Considering selling my Prius down here in Mobile, AL. I’ve been longing for a 1997 - 2001 Toyota Camry since I was 7 years old, and I think it’s time I consider daily driving one before we’re a full third of a century out from when they were built. If I did sell the egg, I’d only want it to go to someone who knows these cars and would continue to care for it appropriately. I’m just not sure what would be a fair price.

Pros
    - Engine runs great and only sips 1/4 of a quart of oil every other fuel fill (around 800ish miles). Idles correctly, doesn’t overheat, still has plenty of gumption. Always use Royal Purple 5W-30 and Mobil 1 oil filter
    - A/C and heat work perfectly
    - Cruise control, power windows, power door locks, power mirrors are all working
    - Body panels are mostly straight and no major rust
    - Decent leather interior
    - All windows have Alabama legal tint of 35%, done by Mobile Auto Tint
    - Instrument cluster failure was repaired years back using Just Vlad’s method
    - Does NOT have the HID headlamp system; halogens were upgraded to drop-in LEDs half a decade ago
    - Has a Sony XAV-AX7000 headunit (w/ volume limiter set to lowest value since this thing has a 45w RMS x4 amp built-in; original 7.5A fuses have NOT been stepped up and have never blown) and steering wheel control adapter. No hack-job install, just used a Crutchfield kit and did it in an afternoon. Also comes with the original radio if ever you want to reinstall it
    - Comes with a green Habitent made specifically for the 2004-2009 Toyota Prius. This was one of the last of their stock before Mary and Cory had to shutter the business. Has never been used and is still sealed in its carry-bag

Cons
    - The biggest one: Regular unleaded makes the engine ping FURIOUSLY during the summer heat. I’ve been running it with premium fuel since it got really bad some time ago (see old posts on my profile) - which of course isn’t a fix, but it’s not pinged since
    - Cosmetics: Couple of dents (one in hood, one on fender), couple of scratches / front bumper pocks / rust spots forming above the windshield (all touched-up), the lower front bumper skid cover is beat to a pulp and held on now with zipties (wheel well liners have had most of the plastic push-pins replaced recently to play it safe), the plastic trims that go around the wheels finally turned brittle and no longer fit with the current wheel weights (they’ll still come with the car regardless), the Prius’ energy monitor display has a sunburn appearing from the center outward (digitizer still works), the soft portions of the dash and upper door panels are starting to turn gooey, and the leather on the driver seat is worn (but not torn)
    - Anything yous guys’ know that I’ve missed

Has had a number of recent parts replaced / services done:

- Repaired instrument cluster using Just Vlad’s method on YouTube

- New GreenBean hybrid battery, installed by one of their service technicians; has a lifetime warranty, but one transfer was already used up when the car came from my dad’s name over to mine, so... whoop-de-doo, no further transfers I guess :(
    - New water pump
    - New struts and wheel bearings
    - New front brake rotors, pads, and calipers

- New eBay clock spring... still working so far >:)

- New ABS Actuator (OEM new old stock, NOT rebuilt... yes, I did pay an arm, a leg, and a firstborn for it)
    - New inverter coolant pump
    - New rear drum brake spring assemblies
    - New fuel line adapter behind the engine block
    - New spark plugs and coils
    - New wipers, front and rear

- New Continental TrueContact tires
    - New TPMS sensors x4
    - Original wheels sanded as much as reasonable and restored by Voodoo Custom Wheels
    - New speakers x4 (PowerBass OE65C-TY up front, PowerBass OE652-TY in back, all installed properly w/ rivets)
    - New lower engine mount

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Book value (what insurance would pay if you wrecked it) is around $3k.

But things are crazy right now. I have little doubt that you could get >2x that if you move soon enough.

Good luck!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    $2,500.

4. MobilePrius

MobilePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Thanks! My thinking was $5500 fixed to the general market (like FB, Craigslist, etc) since that's what it seems like these are going for along the east coast when they at least have a new hybrid battery, but not all the other work done. I was however thinking of going down to $4500 if sold here, or at least to someone with Prius or first-gen Insight background, to have some assurance this lil egg would continue to get good care. I'm just glad it seems the market finally moved a few years ago past the notion that you can't get any return on invested work as was commonplace in the 2000s - a daily driver shouldn't be solely priced based on loss return or investment prospect. Though used car inflation post-2020 hasn't been good for anyone, and I'm not gonna track with the pricing insanity that's going on over on the west coast.