1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius w/Nav: 2 Sirius Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tripletdad, Nov 29, 2006.

1. tripletdad

tripletdad New Member

Just got my new 2007 Prius with Nav.

I have two questions that I am hoping people can address:

1. Can anyone point me to a link for a good comparison between Factory Interactive's SiriusPrius and Vais Tech's Sirius option? I've searched for quite a while, and I can't seem to find any comparisons or reviews.

2. Somewhere on the forum, I saw an installation of a "Plug and Play" Sirius unit installed in the storage area below the Nav screen. I can't seem to find the link now. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

-David

2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripletdad @ Nov 29 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]355549[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know about your first question. But here is what I think you were looking for in your second question. I hope this helps.

3. tripletdad

tripletdad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Nov 30 2006, 08:06 AM) [snapback]355631[/snapback]</div>
    Awesome. That was even better than I was hoping for. Thanks!

Anyone have any info on a comparison between Vais SLS and Factory Interactive?

4. GeoGeek

GeoGeek Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripletdad @ Nov 30 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]355775[/snapback]</div>
    A third integrated option is the SiriusConnect tuner & fit kit made for the Solara/Avalon.
    Parts are available from the online stores of several Toyota Dealerships parts departments (e.g. metrotpn.com)
    The install is pretty straightforward and there are directions available for it in .pdf format here on PC.
    I'd suggest looking through those directions to make a determination about whether or not you want to take on the install yourself.
    The Solara/Avalon tuners, however, I believe still have the ten character limitation on the Artist & Title lines that get displayed on the MFD........don't know whether or not VAIS or Facotry Interactive's kits have overcome that limitation.
    This option worked on my '06 package 4 (no NAV/no JBL) FWIW....although the 10 characters can be annoying.
    Good Luck.

5. tripletdad

tripletdad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Nov 30 2006, 08:06 AM) [snapback]355631[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm...the Starmate solution is starting to seem like a viable option. At first, I was dead set on integrating Sirius into the Nav head unit, but it's a pretty expensive proposition, and fairly complicated to boot (and rather limiting -- i.e. 10 characters, etc.).

I may give the Starmate solution a try -- it's cheap enough, and I can return it if I don't like how it all fits.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.