1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius water sloshing and water in cargo area

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Laura from CT, May 29, 2014.

1. Laura from CT

Laura from CT New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2007 Prius has had the sound of water sloshing for a few weeks. On Monday a light on the dashboard (red triangle with exclamation mark) lit up. Took the car to the dealer and they diagnosed water in the cargo area which created corrosion on the prongs of the little white box which connects to the battery. I was told the rear window weather stripping needed replacing. The part - the weather stripping needed to be ordered from Boston. I live in Connecticut. Part cost is $104.01 and labor $475.99 plus a $95 diagnosis fee. The dealer gave me a 2-day free rental car. Not covered under warranty (96K miles) and not under recall. First real issue with the car I otherwise love.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    $475.99 for weather stripping labor? I would ask for a breakdown of what exactly is being done. That's 4 hours of labor charge.

We have had many people experience this water in the battery area and I'm not 100% certain it's due to the weather strip.

I think you should file a report with the NHTSA and report there was water in the rear hatch area. There are lots of electronics in that area and water should not enter there. If there is a future recall, you may be able to get Toyota to refund you for this service.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there have been reports of water coming in thru poorly welded seams and more recently, someone had it leaking in through the hinges if i'm not mistaken. i would want a guarantee of some sort before going ahead. perhaps get a price from a glass company.

4. Laura from CT

Laura from CT New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the intelligence. I will file with the NHTSA. I spoke with Toyota HQ to confirm no recalls as of now...