1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 prius won't start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Mario Jose Gonzalez, May 25, 2018.

1. Mario Jose Gonzalez

Mario Jose Gonzalez New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Today after getting off the freeway and parking in my drive way all the lights on my dashboard came on. I turned the car off and tried to turn it back on but couldn't get it to turn back on. I've always come to this chat for help and answers to any problems I'd encounter. I did a little research on possible solutions, replaced the 12v battery and managed to get the car to start but after a couple of seconds all the lights came back on. It runs smoothly but when I turned it back off it would not start again. I took it to autozone but their scanner showed no codes.

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Some of those stores only have basic code readers that can't see the hybrid (toyota) specific codes. If you have trouble lights on the dash, you have trouble codes stored in memory. Any garage that specializes in hybrids or a Toyota dealer can see those codes. Or you can invest in a proper reader yourself.

GOOD LUCK!

SFO and valde3 like this.
  3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Autozone probably cleared the codes which is not good. You do not have any chance whatsoever to fix this car unless you can harvest the codes all the codes with a hybrid capable code reader.

My guess is the car has a bad hybrid battery that’s throwing a ground fault code. You can temporarily reset the car and drive For a while but not recommended. Reset is done by unplugging the 12 volt battery.

THe best path for you is to buy a code reader on amazon. It’s called VXDIAG for Toyota .It has the factory
    Toyota techstream software

It’s a usb device that you use with a laptop. It plugs right into your car and gets all the codes and will clear all codes. $100. Without this device It will be very difficult to fix this car.

The dealer will charge you $140 to plug the same device in and pull the codes.

SFO likes this.
  4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sounds like you have P0AA6, high voltage isolation fault. It'll only let you start the car 1 time and the car will disable itself. Only way to start it is to erase the code or disconnect the 12v for a few seconds.

SFO and Raytheeagle like this.
  5. Mario Jose Gonzalez

Mario Jose Gonzalez New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sorry I hadn't replied I have been busy but today I tried to start the car again and it started off fine. I decided to leave it on for a while before driving it to my nearest toyota dealership. No lightslights came on after 20 minutes so I'm taking it to the dealership now. I'll give you an update as soon as i get home

6. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hav
    Haven't you gotten home yet, for an update?