1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 seat replacement, need to reset airbag ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Victorio Mo, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Victorio Mo

Victorio Mo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi
    I just made a quick swap for newer leather driver seat on 2007, and dealt with un/plugged side air bag harness. Do I need to do any brain/reset/computer work after this to make sure air bag will stay active?

Thanks much
    V

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    No if you did all of this with the car off and you plugged up the yellow cable underneath the seat It shouldn't even know that you swapped out the seat realistically the computer just sees the airbag in the seat is plugged up and it should not set the yellow airbag light on the dash unless you turn the car on with the seat not fully plugged up You got a code for the SRS airbag and the light and so there's that. Now turn the car back off look under the seat Make sure the yellow SRS wire is fully connected and it clicked. And now return the car to on and ready. The airbag light should go off If it doesn't I guess you could plug up your scanner and hit clear the code and then see if it comes back probably not I don't think I've had to clear the code anytime I've taken my dash off and got the SRS light to come on because I leave the right side connector behind the glove box unplugged and have the car on to see if the dash is working so I get the SRS code. I believe all I've ever done is turn the car off finish putting on the dash top plug up the SRS return the glove boxes to their positions and the rest of the dash pieces turn on the car and the SRS light does not light up because everything is connected. Good luck

Victorio Mo and PriusCamper like this.
  3. Victorio Mo

Victorio Mo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks TomBukt#2