1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Touring #2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by h2photo, Jun 16, 2007.

1. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ordered a 2007 Touring package #2 & the dealer just sent me my Delivery update

Toyota.com:
    Base MSRP:*
    $23,070
    Destination & Handling:**
    $620
    Options & Accessories:
    $575
    Total Combined:***
    Touring Edition$24,265

They are saying:
    Retail
    Vehicle Base Model ....................: $ 23070.00
    Total Accessories .....................: $ 917.00
    Total .......................................: $ 24607.00

Retail Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 23070.00
    Touring Edition Package #2 Includes: Vehicle Stability Control; Backup Camera; Smart Key System; AM/FM CD w/6 Speakers, Aux Audio Input Miniplug, and MP3/WMA Playback Capability ............. $575.00
    Preferred Accessory Package ................ $277.00 (WHATS THIS?)
    Rear Bumper Applique ....................... $65.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 917.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 620.00

Total .......................................: $ 24607.00

I was expecting the Bumper Applique & know the dest charge is 620

Ive been on KBB & they say
    New car value = $23,992
    Invoice = $22,532
    MSRP = $24607

So how does this look? We already bought one from this dealer, so we're hoping to get some play off that one & we have 2 other family members talking deals with the same guy as well.

TIA!!

2. Malarkey

Malarkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h2photo @ Jun 15 2007, 11:45 PM) [snapback]462858[/snapback]</div>
    According to the Toyota configurator, that's package Z1. Floormats, cargo net, first aid kit.

Not sure you need it, but I don't think your dealer is trying to take advantage of you either.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Malarkey @ Jun 16 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]463110[/snapback]</div>
    My dealer gives a 15% discount for parts & accessories after you buy the car. If you can't get at least 15% off that stuff when you are buying the car have them remove it. Once removed, buy the mats from the Parts Dept. You may want the cargo net but since I don't have one won't comment on its usefulness.

4. justifyd

justifyd New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Malarkey @ Jun 16 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]463110[/snapback]</div>
    Just my opinion, but I would do without that package. I got the spider net; haven't needed it yet, but I'm sure it will come in handy at some point. (Be forewarned the other style of net may require some installation work to prepare the attachment points.)

You can get a pretty nice set of generic floor mats at Wal-Mart for under $30. Since I've never seen the Toyota ones, I'm at a loss to explain why they charge so much more for theirs. Wouldn't surprise me if the logo has something to do with it, though. There's nothing like paying through the nose for a name...

You made a wise choice getting the bumper protector. Something else you might consider is window tint. Here in the southeast, Southeast Toyota did the installation and I must say it's the best tint job I've ever seen (in my limited exposure). Splashguards are VERY handy as well; they dramatically reduce the risk of the tires kicking debris onto the body.

Don't forget to factor in sales tax and government fees (title, waste disposal, etc.) into your "final" price.

I don't see anything out of line about that price. Looks like you received a fair offer.

- Justifyd

5. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks guys, I'm going to get the Preferred Accessory Package taken off (since *I* didn't order it). I don't really want/need anything other than the floor mats

Jim - You're right, we got that 15%off with our other purchase as well, thanks for the reminder!!

We've got the taxes & all other costs factored in already (not in the above price though)

& tint is a MUST here in AZ. We're going to try to get that for free since this is the 2nd car we've purchased from them & we referred another 2 customers(who are buying as well) to our guy.

With our 1st car, the price was $150 over invoice, we're hoping that they'll be able to give about the same kinda deal with the free tint. We can try. If not, we have another dealer who is willing to, we'd just have to wait & order another one.

Thanks for all the input!