1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Touring Model Alloy Wheels

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by gplm2007, Nov 19, 2006.

1. gplm2007

gplm2007 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Although the 2007 Prius Touring comes with 16" alloy wheels, Toyota includes full wheel covers and installs them over the alloys--go figure? I pointed this out to the dealer and they have ordered, at no charge, the missing center hub covers that normally go with alloys. Meanwhile the steel wheel covers are in my attic. Apparently someone at Toyota forgot to connect the dots on installing/displaying allow wheels. :eek:

2. thor

thor New Member

Just got a 2007 Touring Prius and was disappointed after noticing the plastic covers on the wheels. Are these on the Touring model only?

I looked at the alloy wheels underneath the plastic covers. The are almost blackish looking.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thor @ Jan 3 2007, 07:28 PM) [snapback]370523[/snapback]</div>
    Both 15" and 16" wheels come with plastic wheel covers. On the 15", they're rings and on the 16", they're full covers.

However, they're both aluminium alloy wheels. They just happen to have extra plastic covers.