1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Touring Package 5 Magnetic Grey Prius - FAQ needs update from the Pros!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bigmahma, May 4, 2007.

1. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

First off - thanks to everyone on this forum - you have helped me in making my choice in buying a Prius.

Second -

I got the 2007 Magnetic Grey Touring edition package 5 for 26090.

Third -

Already I'm going crazy with the "I accept" button on my car - and I need some help!

I'd like the Prius community here to pool together and get some of the commonly asked questions in one spot answered and updated!

Question #1

Is there anyway to turn off the "I accept" button. (not the nav usage while in motion - just the I Accept button) before I go crazy and start using a hammer on my brand new prius...

Question #2

Where would you recommend I look for "upgraded" seats, with more adjustability and support.

Question #3

What (if any) modification to undercarraige, electronics or otherwise should I consider to "sup up" my Prius?

Question #4

Does putting higher octane gas in the car help milage at all in the real world?

Question #5

Any suggestions for maximizing use of the electric motor at low speeds?

Question #6

Where is the best place to find steering wheel leather covers and/or matching leather seat covers (sort of like question 2)

Thanks for your help Prius community! - I'll be sure to post any more questions on this list if something good comes up! Thanks!!

Chris in Bradenton, Florida :D

2. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ May 4 2007, 10:12 PM) [snapback]435815[/snapback]</div>
    Oh common - you guys can probably rattles at least 2-3 of these questions off in your head...

3. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ May 5 2007, 10:05 AM) [snapback]435995[/snapback]</div>
    With all due respect you can find the answers to most of your questions by searching the boards. I've seen related answers in a number of threads, so you can understand why people who have answered these questions over and over are not eager to revisit them again.

Take some time, do a careful search and you will find the answers you need and much more

Enjoy your new prius!

4. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ May 5 2007, 10:05 AM) [snapback]435995[/snapback]</div>
    I know - I've been reading for days now :)

Most of the Artciles do not apply to a 2007 - and alot of the links are dead.

Thanks for the reply - and thanks for the encouragement.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ May 4 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]435815[/snapback]</div>
    go to http://Coastaletech.com

There's been on person who found a manually adjustable seat who managed to get it to fit in the Prius and it looked quite good. Other than that you're SOL.

None
    No, will probably cause you to ping and get worse mileage. No advantage at all.
    look up Pulse and Glide, EV button This is a far more complex question than you realize, but the main point is that you do NOT want to accelerate with the electric motor b/c it is less efficient than using the ICE.

Don't know about leather seat covers. I like Wheelskins for the steering wheel.

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome to the circle of Prius owners, and the even MORE elite corps of Magnetic Grey owners!

efusco answered all of your questions, but for question one (the "I accept" button), if you keep your screen on the info screen, you don't have to worry about it (unless you switch over to the map screen at any time).

7. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Question #3

The BT brace can be bolted on for slightly stiffer body.
    It's sold on this site.

Question #6

Try Katzkin
    http://www.autoleathers.com/HTML2/AL.MAIN.FS.html

They do replacement seat covers, console, etc. At the same time you can install heaters and lumbar support.

8. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ May 5 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]436029[/snapback]</div>

Thanks for the update fellas -

I'm confused about the electric motor not being a good idea to use at low speeds (stop and go stuff)

How would that be less effective if I'm doing alot of red light green light 123 on the way to work?