1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Touring Prius Navigation System

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dcatsss, Oct 15, 2006.

1. dcatsss

dcatsss New Member

I just bought a new 2007 Prius Touring with Navigation. I'm trying to override the navigaion but doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone know if Toyota change the navigation system from 2006 and before? I try going to the volume screen and pressing upper left, lower left, upper left and lower left. It does not work. Please help!!!!

2. mrichman

mrichman New Member

In 2006, the display went from analog to digital and the volume, upper left, lower left "feature" does not work. I believe that you can enter destinations while moving through the voice recognition now or go third party for an over-ride box (Coastal Tech may have a unit that works for the 2006-2007, but I'm not certain).

Mike
    ===
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcatsss @ Oct 15 2006, 02:28 AM) [snapback]332945[/snapback]</div>

3. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcatsss @ Oct 15 2006, 12:28 AM) [snapback]332945[/snapback]</div>
    You're SOL, as Granny used to say. (Short on Luck.) ;)

After 2005 the system, as well as certain features of the BlueTooth phone system, have been locked out while in motion except, like he said, using voice commands or pre-installed points, like "Home" or "School" that you go to a lot and saved. The Coastal override box doesn't work for us. Neither does the selective massaging of the MFD screen. Give it up. Nobody has come up with a software fix yet.

There is a modification, involving some wire cutting and dash intrusion that I'd suspect you'd feel better about doing after you get your first scratch. It's not hard. It justs sounds like insanity to start taking apart a new car, but you'll get into it after a bit.

Good luck and enjoy your new vehicle. I've never regretted getting mine and wouldn't trade it for a Ferrari.

4. dcatsss

dcatsss New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrichman @ Oct 15 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]332955[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks I will try them!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 15 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]333101[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the help. It's not that big a deal yet. I'm sure someone will come out with something. The never of them trying to fix things on us!