1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Now, I'm certain that magnetic grey model I posted a while back was the HSD Camry because of that badge under the rear taillight. Here's more pictures and some juicy info.

Scroll down, it's arranged alphabetically

2. wilco

wilco New Member

I liked the look of it in the blurry spy shots, but somehow in these official (?) shots it doesn't look as good to me.

The hybrid version comes with 16"s... hmmm.

3. ONwi03

ONwi03 New Member

I think they just picked a really bad color.

4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you say Silver Pine Mica?

haha

5. jeffn

jeffn New Member

I wonder were the batterys are?

6. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Interesting, 192 hp with a special 2.4-liter 4-cyl gas engine.

The 4-cyl base model engine makes 158hp. Guessing from how Highland Hybrid ICE got detuned, this 4-cyl ICE could make 142hp. That means the battery would make 50hp. Considering HH battery pack only make 60hp, it is awesome.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The 2AZ-FE engine will produce 166hp for 2007.

Problem is, why doesn't the Camry Hybrid get folding seats? It only gets a pass-through. The rest of the Camry lineup gets a 40/20/40 split folding seat with pass through. If that's the case, does that mean the battery is behind the back seat like the HAH and Classic? I thought they made the battery thinner (HiHy and RX400h) so couldn't it be stuffed under the rear seat or like ours, under the cargo floor?

8. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

i'm a little miffed at the pass-through only idea myself. I had though (hoped?) as someone else had that we would be able to order whichever camry version we wanted, with the hybrid engine being an 'option' rather than a whole new trim style. honda did it too, the bastards.

I love the camry I have now. if she wasn't dying on me day by day (and the government wasn't helping subsidize my prius purchase) i'd keep driving her. but when I upgrade, I want something more than these stupid fold down seats with a one foot by two foot hole behind them. As far as I can tell, the onlygood it does me is it allows me to clean up my car at hyperspeed when I have to drive someone - i just have to hope they don't need my trunk =) still, as much as i love the rest of her, I've DECIDED that the next car has to be a hatchback or have a darned nice (and much more sizable!) fold down system.

out of curiosity, whats you alls best guess at pricing for the hybrid camry?

EDIT because I just realized that the hybrid camry won't even have the stunted fold down system my current camry has. wow.

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, they did say 40/20/40 so it's a bit larger than standard pass throughs (which I assume is 10% not 20%).

I'm still looking forward to the Camry Hybrid. I'll just wait til the final specs is out.