1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Toyota Prius not turning on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by RockieM, Sep 11, 2019.

1. RockieM

RockieM New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2007 Prius that I jumped yesterday and test drove for an hour to charge the battery but then I parked it and now it still won’t turn back on. I know the battery being dead is my fault from letting it sit for too long but now it won’t start even when I am trying to jump it, could the 12V battery be completely drained? If so, is there any other way I could get it started just to get it to a shop or will I have to get it towed?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sometimes incorrect jump starting can cause damage... If trying to jump it fails and it's not damage to the Prius, then maybe other vehicle's 12v is the problem.

3. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you see any lights come on when you try to jump the car? 1 hour wouldn’t barely start to charge the 12 volt battery. A Prius doesn’t work that way.

Yes you can remove the negative cable from the battery and then try to start the car from the jump points under the hood. The battery isn’t needed to start the car, just 12 volts to turn the computers on and close the HV relays. The big battery starts the car.

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    You can always remove the 12v and get a friend to drive it and you to a shop that sells batteries and can test it. And perhaps even charge it.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how old is it?

6. Greenteapri

Greenteapri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Batteries dying is no one's fault except the Energizer bunny. With his furry, fluffy tail. :mad:

Batteries are consumable essentials for vehicles. I would find a new, equivalent battery at a good price and replace it.

Or

Try and jump start it again (here).