1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Vancouver International Auto Show

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For those close enough to make the trip to the Vancouver auto show, did you notice the strong interest in hybrids?

Aside from Toyota's lineup, there was the Altima Hybrid, Saturn Aura GreenLine (although it was on a stage and locked), Saturn VUE, HCH and HAH (holy crap.. $40k with nav!!!)

I didn't see if the FEH was there. MB also showcased their E320 Bluetec and GL320 Bluetec. Surprisingly, the GL320 Bluetec was cheaper than the E320 Bluetec.

Also at $68k base, it around the price of a loaded RX400h.

There was also this gentleman asking me about SUV hybrids. He currently drives a V8 X5 and wants a more eco-friendly SUV. He was in the HiHy and I kindly redirected him to the RXh after explaining to him the features of the HiHy and how it works.

There was also a lot of commotion around the Camry Hybrid and Civic Hybrid. A lot of people commented on the small trunk of all the hybrid sedans (Camry, Civic, Altima, GSh) as a bad thing. It seems that a small trunk is unacceptable and they simply dismiss the vehicle. I also thing they assume all of them can't fold the seat (despite the fact that the Camry has a small pass-through on the passenger side).

Granted, the Civic and Altima had better shaped trunks that were more rectangular.

The Altima starts at $1k more than the TCH. See the other thread for pricing.

Oh and if you there, go "sell" some Toyota hybrids. Spread the info and debunk the myths! Who wouldn't like to talk to an owner and get real info?