1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 vs. 2008 model

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pappyt, Dec 1, 2009.

1. pappyt

pappyt Junior Member

we have an 07 and 08 and the 07 seems like it has more pep and gets 2 to 6 more mpg than the 08. the 07 has about 10,000 more miles than the 08 so i was wondering if anybody else ran into symptoms like this?

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are they otherwise identical cars?

Your avatar shows what looks like a Touring Edition (16" wheels). Consumer Reports found that the Touring Edition with its 16" wheels got 2 fewer miles per gallon than the Standard/Base Prius with its 15" wheels. So that could explain some of the fuel economy difference you're experiencing.

I don't know what could account for the difference in acceleration.

3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Who is we? Are you each driving both cars?

The Touring would be a significant difference. It has a different suspension system.

Also, check your tire pressure on each car. Are they being driven at the same time/temp of day? Are the seats adjusted the same way (could be affecting your driving)?

There are several reasons why the mileage could vary. The MFD is not accurate from about 3-5 mpg, which could explain the disparity.

4. pappyt

pappyt Junior Member

yes, both are touring models only difference is interior color and jbl radio and have tires at 44/46 and we take turns driving each of them

5. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You might check the parking brake on the 2008 to see if it is dragging.

6. acdii

acdii Active Member

I had an 07, and drove an 08 as a rental, and there was a marked difference between the two cars, both were non touring cars, mine was base, the other package 2. Mine had more pep, and got better MPG, the 08 did not get as good MPG even though it was slightly better at getting into EV. I did set the tires to what mine were when I picked the car up, so the only real difference were the tires themselves, maybe, I didn't look at the brand.