1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 WINDOW RATTLES

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by srichardson1958, Aug 21, 2007.

1. srichardson1958

srichardson1958 Junior Member

I have a 2007 and the left side especially makes a vibration/clunk noise when open.
    Almost like the speaker and window hit against the rubber. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. sb.rocks

sb.rocks New Member

My 2007 rattles somewhere in the dash, I can't figure out where the rattle comes from. I think it's somewhere behind the radio controls. I don't have anything in the CD holder and only paper in the glove box. But slightly rough terrain does cause considerable noise. My Camry did that too, and a swore I wouldn't buy another Toyota. But nobody else had a decent Hybrid.

3. Sonny Jim

Sonny Jim New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(srichardson1958 @ Aug 21 2007, 10:18 AM) [snapback]499804[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm...could be exclusive to the package #9 :rolleyes:

4. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Make sure the shelf in the upper glove box is properly installed. It slides onto a tab on each side of the shelf. You will probably find it sitting on top of the tabs, thus the rattle.

5. Washington1788

Washington1788 One of the "Deniers"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've noticed the passenger and driver seat over head handles (the OH S#@T handels) can rattle as well. I've got another rattle coming from somewhere around the glove compartment, and its not that little shelf...I need to take everything out of the glove compartment and track it down.

6. 4n6

4n6 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I had a rattle that was so loud, I'll admit it started after I installed a subwoofer and it only happened during loud bass, it turned out to be from the license plate. I put a couple of rubber shims behind the bottom of the plate and the rattle was gone.

7. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Washington1788 @ Aug 21 2007, 12:28 PM) [snapback]499872[/snapback]</div>
    My Dear Hubby likes to hang onto the OH S#@T handle, and it sounds like something dying when he does... like crumpling plasticized foil, or something. Makes an odd sound.

I occasionally get a rattle in the dash, behind/above the glove box. Airbag housing, maybe?

8. Dirtnapper

Dirtnapper Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Back passenger window rattle when cracked open about half inch...if lowere a couple of inches, no noise...

9. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Any time the window is down a bit clear of the weatherstripping, it
    rattles very easily over bumps. Pretty normal, when you think about
    how it's got no support on the top unless fully closed.
    The dash ... sheez. Over particular stretches of bumpy road I just
    sit there and *watch* the whole meter bezel block bounce up and down.
    Doesn't seem to have hurt it or my extra gauge panel yet, though.
    _H*

10. abqpete

abqpete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I leave my windows open a tiny bit when parked so that the interior does not heat up so much. When I drive off, my reminder that they are still open is the rattling they produce...

However, by far the most annoying thing is the squeaking that the spoiler (Touring model) makes whenever I hit any bumps. I've been meaning to take it apart and tighten it down or take in to the dealer for some work. I really wish that Lexus could build our little Prius with their design, materials and quality control...

Regards, Peter

11. telstar

telstar New Member

My only squeak on my 07 is the driver door trim panel. It makes no noise unless I rest my arm on it (not the arm rest but the top of the trim panel up by the window glass) and then it squeaks and "pops" as I put weight on it or let off somewhat. The dealer will have to look at it because I rest my elbow on the top of the trim panel often while driving.

12. fairclge

fairclge Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(telstar @ Aug 27 2007, 07:45 PM) [snapback]502928[/snapback]</div>
    good luck because i think all of them have that door noise... my prius does too.