1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 -barcelona red, touring, package #6 sand\beige\tan interior

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jwebste1, Dec 7, 2007.

1. jwebste1

jwebste1 New Member

I am having a real hard time finding this in Minnesota.

2. KAR IDEA

KAR IDEA Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Impossible to find one for me on the entire eastern seaboard, I was looking for 2008 Barcelona Red pkg#3. Found a few in Ohio and one in Michigan, but moved to late on them and they were sold...and I believe there was one with the pkg YOU are looking for in Rhode Island a month ago. Take a look at cars.com and do an advanced search with keywords Touring Barcelona Red.

Just FYI, 7% of all Prii are Touring, and only 4% of those 7% are red. Super hard car to find. I opted out and took a Silver one after four months of searching and having my dealer call other dealers to arrange swaps...I was very dissapointed at first, but then got over it really quickly once I figured out that there was more to this car than the color!

3. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

When I was looking for my car I used the NADA website. At that time, it was not too useful, as it only indicates cars in-stock at the NADA member dealarships. And those cars were invariably sold already. Now, that situation may be changed.

In the end the NADA website did point me to a dealar that had stock incoming, however. But it was purely a chance happening.

4. siouxnami

siouxnami New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Give Rochester Ford Toyota a call. I'm not sure what package, but they do have a red / tan on the showroom floor. I am waiting for a magnetic grey from them. Good Luck.

5. mrg

mrg Member

I don't know why pkg #6 is so hard to get. I could not locate any in Dec 2004, when I bought my first 04 Pruis. Then when I tried to locate one in Nov 2007, when I bought my 07 touring. Again pkg #6 was unavailable in the colors I would accept. I finally had Leather added at the incoming port, because the dealers discourged ordering what you wanted. They all (about 7 dealers) claimed orders would take months. Yet with in weeks they were having to offer discounts as stock was backing up. I am still happy with my 07 except the dealer did not inform me I wasn't getting the leather steering wheel and there was no credit either. They did that a lot last year.

I don't know what port Mn is using. It seem Toyota prefers making customers accept the vehicles different than they want. As you cannot order equipment that you want. You have to order the pkg's which include what they want you to have. And have to accept something they already have ordered. That said you will be pleased in owning a Prius. Good luck.