1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 DTC P0A0F P03191 Help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by supertrooper808, Jun 22, 2021.

1. supertrooper808

supertrooper808 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Aloha, Just picked up a Prius for $100!!!!!!!

DrPrius App shows state of charge is super run down around 11% and was going lower. I didn't know not to try and turn it on a few times because it drains Hybrid Battery so I'm guessing its toast. Notice the red cell is toasted in screen grab. I cleaned the throttle body and MAF pretty good and it sounded like engine turned on for about 20 seconds then shut off and triangle and lights came back on. I tried re setting a few times but I think the previous owner and me just toasted the battery and now it won't really move and barely limps if started. Don't want to do any more damage. I ordered a new HYBRID battery and Hope that will do the trick now that the throttle body is all clean. I just really don't wan to have to replace gas tank, but car had 3 bars when turned on today.

Attached Files:

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yup, that HV battery is depleted about as badly as your phone battery, along with one potentially dead module.

Did you purchase a new HV battery from Toyota? If so, that's a solid move. Practically guaranteed to last 10+ years