1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Front Wipers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Baldbubba, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Baldbubba

Baldbubba Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am wanting to replace wiper blades for the front windshield of my 2008 Gen II . What have you found to work the best. If you have a recommendation from amazon that would make purchase so much easier.

2. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just grabbed some inserts from the local Advanced Auto Parts (picked them up by bicycle). I think it was ~$4 for two pairs. They seem to work great.

3. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was using the Rain X blades from Advanced Auto. Not cheap, but easy to stick on.

May do the factory inserts on the new Gen III I just bought. Will decide later on that issue. The Rain X blades worked great on the Gen II though. I used the cheap ones, not the "Latitudes".

Ron (dorunron)

4. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I will put in a plug for the Bosch Icon blades. A bit pricey though. The 26 inch blade was $24.99 and the 18 inch $19.49. My first set lasted 17 months in the heat and ozone of the Arizona desert. They didn't get streaky or noisy until exposed to some grasshopper guts and a little bit of rain. I'm on my second set now and next time I will hand wash the bugs off if I can. They work well in the moderate to heavy rains we get sometimes, and don't ever skip on the window in the strongest winds.

5. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just use the wiper blade refills sold by Toyota dealers. They last about a year and are quite inexpensive (I am referring just to the rubber part that has to be inserted into the existing metal blade.)

koolingit likes this.
  6. Baldbubba

Baldbubba Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    thanks for sharing all of ur knowledge,,,