1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 HID headlight help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by girl with no headlights, Aug 17, 2024 at 7:08 PM.

1. girl with no headlights

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    About 2 months ago I was pulled over because my passenger headlight was out. When I checked it after getting home it was on. 2 weeks later, pulled over for driver's side being out. Again both were on when I got home.
    Then things got exciting...both started going completely out while driving. I could turn them off and back on at the switch and they would work .
    Now both are not working at all.
    I have checked fuses and relays and all are fine. Changed both HID bulbs ($300 wasted). Still no headlights.
    All other exterior lights are working as they should.
    Someone please help!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    If I was you I would change out the bulbs you just bought maybe you can return them and get the a l l a h i d to LED conversion kit it's I want to say $69 Google it or Amazon it it's right there I have it in my car let your people have it in their cars from this site whether they're still here or not I don't know mine are a couple years old you can put fog light bulbs to match all the nonsense It's the last stop and you're probably never touch them again You're probably trying to get out of the car already I don't know but that's the easiest thing to do and not get pulled over for the lights not being on because your ballasts are getting weak or something's failing obviously it must not be the bulbs you just replace those I wouldn't want to buy ballasts I would want to pull those bulbs out try to return them for whatever reason boom. And buy the kit mentioned above there's a few of them out there kids that is this one is one of the better ones and they stand behind their product I have one of the other brands that cost like $40 versus the 69 It's held up very well too this will allow you to keep your housings and everything to work as it did before you'll just have light now instead of nothing I know it's irritating