1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 model -- any changes?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bustagriggs, Aug 7, 2007.

1. bustagriggs

bustagriggs New Member

Is there any information yet about the 2008 model and what is changing? I have heard bigger engine but that is about all.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Busta Griggs @ Aug 7 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]491920[/snapback]</div>
    I think that rumor is for the 2009 redesign that should be out late 2008.

3. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    HTTP 404 Not Found

4. bustagriggs

bustagriggs New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(catgic @ Aug 7 2007, 04:37 PM) [snapback]492025[/snapback]</div>

Thanks. This explains why I haven't heard about any new and improved features.

5. yyyiiikes

yyyiiikes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What is the wod on Honda's plans? Are they releasing an update or new models in 08?

6. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yyyiiikes @ Aug 7 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]492199[/snapback]</div>
    Honda will have the new Accord sedan and coupe release for 2008 (sep, 2007).
    The all new Pilot is scheduled to be released as an early 2009 in May, 2008.
    Other than that, all minor refreshing.
    For pictures of the new Accord/Pilot, goto www.vtec.net :)

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Busta Griggs @ Aug 7 2007, 02:00 PM) [snapback]491920[/snapback]</div>
    Busta, the search tool is a great tool for noobs to try out. There, you'll find your question has been exausted to the point of ad nausium. :p

8. yyyiiikes

yyyiiikes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Aug 8 2007, 09:28 AM) [snapback]492358[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting article today in the Wall Street Journal on Li-Ion battery technology issues pushing out delivery in US. There's another thread discussing this in detail.

Also, Toyota executive was interviewed on Bloomberg Radio today about hybrids. I missed the first broadcast but hope to catch it tonight on satellite radio (Bloomberg Rewind) at 10PM CST. If anyone happened to catch it, please post the highlights. I'd rather be with my wife than sitting in the driveway listening to Bloomberg. :unsure:

9. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think the Gen I was a bit underpowered and Toyota did a great job with the Gen II making the car bigger, with more power AND better mileage. However, I really wish they wouldn't put a bigger ICE in the Gen III. The current Prius has plenty of power for how people SHOULD drive and the possibility of gaining 1 or 2 seconds 0-60 and decrease in MPG across the board is purely waste. If you want that, buy the Camry Hybrid. 700 pounds heavier and much lower MPG. Notice how quickly the Honda Accord Hybrid died. 0-60 isn't the deciding factor to people currently interested in hybrids.

Look at all the SMALL diesels sold in Europe. The "Gotta be BIG, gotta get to 60 MPH NOW" is mostly a U.S. mindset. Maybe if gas in Europe was the same price as in the U.S. (and they still got their free health care) Europeans might go for BIG AND FAST as well, I don't know.

Of course there are some "manly men" who care nothing about the environment (even when they claim they do) and buy BIG and SLOW (0-60 in 13 seconds) H2s. But hey, they aren't driving "feminine hybrids" (*) like we are. They are REAL men and their choice of vehicle is the proof.

I might agree with an optional SLIGHTLY bigger ICE with "towing package" if the size of the current ICE is what causes Toyota to say "Towing not recommended" in the Owners Manual. There are some people who would like the 'legal' ability to tow a small trailer.

(*) Term used by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in an April Newsweek article.