1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Model Details?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by AVOID92X, Jun 13, 2007.

1. AVOID92X

AVOID92X Junior Member

So we're trying to buy a 2007 Touring. They are practically impossible to get a hold of unless we settle on a lower package. We're trading down from a luxury car, and we won't settle any further.

Anyways, while I'm awaiting for a car to be located I'm looking for information on the 2008 models since I may have to order the car regardless. I notice miscellaneous news about the "potential" for 2008 to be the redesign year, but I have not seen anything concrete.

Anyone know more details on the 2008? If it is going to get another 20-30 mpg then I'll just wait it out a few more months.

Thanks in advance!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's been generally agreed that it'll be the 2009 MY that will have the redesign (or Sept-ish 2008 if they follow the fall release norm).

I'm guessing your previous car is a Saab 9-2X?

Oh and welcome to PriusChat!

3. AVOID92X

AVOID92X Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jun 13 2007, 10:47 PM) [snapback]461302[/snapback]</div>

AS I read more release info, 2009 MY seems to be the current belief/ speculation.

Yes, I have a Saab 9-2x (good guess), but we're looking at replacing an '04 Acura TL with the Prius.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    mmmm.... I prefer the TL over the 9-2X lol. The only reason to keep the 9-2X is the AWD which I presume is your reason.

5. AVOID92X

AVOID92X Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jun 14 2007, 12:08 AM) [snapback]461344[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, it all depends on what's important to you. I have a 9-2X Aero that has been modified a bit. Since you know the car, then you probably know it's a Subaru WRX with a few cosmetic changes. The 9-2X is fast and nimble. The TL is more of a cruiser and I actually think it's a chore to drive sometimes around town. Nice on the freeway though, and my wife likes the luxury and the look.

What really encourages me is Toyota buying a substantial stake in Subaru. I see Suby is planning on a hybrid around 2010 (I assume based on Toyota's system), and Toyota will be getting arguably the best AWD system (or comparable to Audi) in the world. It was a perfect match.

ANYWAY, back to the Prius.

I'm thinking if I can't secure a 2007 and get the tax credit, then I may just wait until the '09 model comes out with 80+ mpg. I have a concern that the current model might drop in value quite a bit when the new models get 40% better mpg., newer shape and Gen 3 system.

6. Per

Per New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Since the next big makeover is for the 2009 model year, Toyota will probable do like they did with the Matrix--carry it over with no changes. We picked up the 08 Matrix brochure--they changed the brochure from portrait format to landscape format, and kept the same pictures as in the 07 brochure. No change at all in the car.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yep, you might see some minor software changes in the MFD, but that's about it.

The MFD screens have been tweaked pretty much every year.

8. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I mentioned my curiousity about this before in an actual forum topic, but I am wondering if any exterior COLORS will change in 2008 ?? Any new, any omitted ?? I am not sure about this but were all the 2006 colors carried over to 2007 without change ?? Like I said, just curious, as one year I had my heart set on buying a particular color (Nissan) and waited-and-waited-and waited until the "new model year" was out only to find the color I wanted was discontinued and even looking at year-end left-overs, there were just NONE to be found in that color available anymore, anywhere in the USA :angry: