1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 navigation upgrade dvd

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by IHeartFifi829, Jun 18, 2008.

1. IHeartFifi829

IHeartFifi829 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :p:pI bought, in April, my dream car a Toyota Prius, now for the lowest payments I got a 2005, which is fine It still runs amazingly, but unfortunately I was not able to forsee that I would need to upgrade my navigation system, seeing as my own address which was built in the last couple years is not on my navigation as well as some other newer properties in the Las Vegas, Nevada area. Now the navigation dvd costs over $200 which I think is ridiculous and should have been done to any older models that cross the dealership, but I digress. I was wondering if anyone happened to have the newest navigation dvd that they would be willing to send me, or sell me at a heavily discounted rate? Please let me know!! I would really love to have my system up to date. So I can find my address on the navigation, haha.

2. Buckland

Buckland New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That's it man, we all bleed for this.
    In my area the new CD is almost $300! I think I'll just submit my address to memory. I contacted the manufacturer of the software thinking that they would have downloadable updates you know like Windose. But no, I guess they like to rake in the big bucks. But not from this cowboy. There's enough on my nav system for now for me to get to and from where I want to get to and from from.

Buck

3. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Are you serious! The Prius' GPS system does not offer upgades?

4. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Not free updates/upgrades, no.
    I have heard all sorts of prices for this disc and all sorts of schemes to save
    money on buying it. For example waiting for someone else to upgrade and you
    buy their used DVD which is still slightly newer then your old one.

5. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Who makes the navigation system anyway? I really don't want to pay the additional $800. If I'm going to spend that much for a nav sys, I'd rather have a portable that I can take with me. That's why I'm on "The List" for "leather interior, Pkg#3" vs Pkg#6, which is the only way to get leather if it's not factory installed, but includes the nav sys from Pkg#5. The only difference is the Nav system and the $800. I was considering taking the hit if they find me the Pkg#6 first. But now I'm not sure if it's $300 a pop for updates. Decisions, decisions.