1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 package #2

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Tarheel, May 15, 2008.

1. Tarheel

Tarheel New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I purchased a new one as well. It should be ready to go next week. Its silver mica with dark grey leather interior.

I have driven Toyoya Tacomas most of my driving life and transitioning to a car will be tough. My son's school is 14 miles one way and in school driving alone I was racking up 56 miles daily. The 26 mpg in my Tacoma was not cutting it.

Yes I had to pay MSRP which was another "first."

I'm anxiously awaiting the cars arrival and the advent of a new driving experience.

BTW does this make me a scoccer dad?

Lot of good information here ----- and a very well maintained forum. Keep up the good work. Lp

2. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to the cult....er club. I miss my Tacoma too, but not the mileage. The Prius should do well with the length of your commute. IMHO package #2 is all I need, good choice. Too bad about the MSRP thing.

3. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome, and I predict that you are going to love your Prius. Mine is a silver pine #2 as well, no leather but otherwise same car. I've driven Toyota pickups, actually the predecessor to the Tacoma, an '89 4WD regular cab and loved it dearly, sold it in '00 and always regretted doing so. I had the good fortune this last year by not making car payments in nearly a decade to have saved enough money to buy both a Prius and a really basic Taco (regular cab, 4wd, 2.7 4cyl) and feel that I have the perfect vehicle combo now for my lifestyle......single, kids grown and gone, about 7 or so years from retirement. Even with the 4-banger, the Taco isn't an economy vehicle, not that anything is compared to the Prius. Seems like it gets about 20-21mpg in mixed highway and city driving. It does a fair bit better than that in pure highway driving if I don't lead-foot it too much. The ScanGaugeII tells me that I can get around 30mpg if I keep it around 55, and that drops in lineal fashion to about 20mpg at 75mph, so the old and much-hated "double-nickel" certainly did have some benefits.

Anyway, welcome and I think you'll find that the Prius, while very different than the Taco, is a blast to drive and play around with. I wouldn't give mine up for anything.

4. Tarheel

Tarheel New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My Tacoma was 2.7 4wd. Really came in handy surf fishing at the Outer Banks and getting me to my favorite trout stream ------guess I'll have to hoof it now!! My plans are to find a second hand 4cyn 4wd shortbed Tacoma to fill the niche.

Many Thanks for the welcome. Lp