1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Package 3

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sundy58, May 15, 2009.

1. sundy58

sundy58 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a Barcelona red Package 3 that I bought 12/28/08 used. Had 16,000 miles and Certified from a Toyota lot. Got a warning ticket for a headlight out and then I started reading the forums here. Ours comes on and immediately goes out. If I turn off the switch and back on it will come on for a few minutes.

The amber parking light at the top of the light cluster (passenger side same as headlight) will occasionally not come on. I honk the horn and it comes on. (verified by service writer at Toyota dealership today thank God or they would have written me off as a flake)

Yesterday the accumulated fuel mileage and miles driven since last trip odometer reset went wacky. Mileage reading dropped from 40.0 to 32.8 or so then climbed back to 38.6 or so but miles driven vs. trip odometer still wrong.

It's at the dealership and the techs are giving it their loving?! attention. I will let you know what they say and I would love to hear about similar problems. Well you know what not that I want you to have problems. :)

2. Ogo

Ogo Prius Owner since 2008

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe your 12 Volt battery is going bad? Did they check it?

3. sundy58

sundy58 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Good question but one I did not ask.