1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 pkg 2: How do I get ipod songs displayed on factory audio screen?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by volkcj, Dec 23, 2008.

1. volkcj

volkcj New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We just bought a 2008 package 2 and ordered a Sirius satellite kit and aux input from ebay. Car Toys is doing the install and has said Sirius will be available on the climate/audio screen of the prius but the ipod will only be controlable via the ipod. We'd really like to get the the ipod to go through the prius factory audio system (and display songs on the prius screen). Is there any way to do this without installing an after market stereo? What about VAIS SL2Vi (SoundLinq system)? Has anyone tried this with a 2008? I'll be calling VAIS tomorrow to ask them about it but would also love some feedback if anyone has been down this road. Thanks!

2. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i believe the official toyota ipod kit is not an option if you have satellite radio.

there are some ipod cables/satellite radios that tell the car that they are "satellite radios" or "cd changers" and when you get satellite radio you need to find a ipod interface kit that will tell the prius its a "cd changer" then it should work

toyota's ipod interface tells the radio its a satellite radio, which is why it cannot be connected to the car at the same time as a satellite radio

as far as if your car is not satellite radio ready, i do not know if there are options for that.

maybe there are satellite interfaces/radios with their own built in ipod interface....