1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius Battery CARB Warranty

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Prius_Cub, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Prius_Cub

Prius_Cub Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So here's my question, my Prius was originally sold in Maryland in 2008, I'm the second owner as of Feb 2013 in Virginia, is my battery pack covered by the CARB warranty from Maryland?

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry Prius Cub ...I don't know why we did not see your post earlier. As I understand it, NO is "our" answer - you and me in the same boat. The first requriement is car must be currently registered in CARB state, and VA is not CARB...that's our problem. The second requirement is must be CA-certified which you should be OK there (via MD). But should the need arise, always ask service manager to ask Toyota to extend loyalty discount for the replacement cost.

3. Prius_Cub

Prius_Cub Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks wjtracy! To be honest I forgot all about this post and then had assumed it fell back to the non-CARB warranty. Not having any trouble with my HV battery yet, but have some iMax B6 charger/discharges ready and setting aside the cash for a Gen III pack just in case. 110k on the clock now and still going strong!

HTC Evo 3D