1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius HELP lol

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Heretolearn, Sep 14, 2024 at 1:05 PM.

1. Heretolearn

Heretolearn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I got a 2008 Prius from a state auction with plans to keep a drive. At sixty thousand miles i got a new traction battery from Toyota also a new 12 volt. The car sat for over a year to the best of my knowledge.
    The car starts and shows charging. I clear code p3000 and P0AFA and they come right back.
    If the car Safe to drive?? Dr.Prius show block four Red And all RI Good Yet it is a brand new battery from Toyota. Should i drive it or is there something wrong. I read on permanent codes?
    Thank for your help.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you might need tech stream for proper codes and sun codes (INF codes)

did it sit for a year after the hybrid battery was replaced?

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Did you have the Toyota dealer install the battery? Did you purchase and install it? Did you purchase it and have someone else install it? Did someone else tell you they purchased it and then installed it? Was the HV battery ecu inspected to verify the socket wasn't corroded?

At sixty thousand miles i got a new traction battery from Toyota also a new 12 volt. The car sat for over a year to the best of my knowledge.

Is the underlined "I" supposed to "it", as in the car had a new HV battery and 12v battery installed at 60k miles, prior to being auctioned?
    If so, what is the current miles? The way the sentence is currently worded, it sounds like you bought it and then YOU had a new HV and 12v battery installed.

If the new stuff was installed prior to the auction, and the car sat for a year or more prior to the auction, then it's likely the battery has gone through some self-discharge, but may be recoverable if charged up. Relatively new OEM batteries are pretty tough.