1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius HID light replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Steve Hochhaus, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Steve Hochhaus

Steve Hochhaus New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am having a hard time finding good instructions on how to replace the HID lights. The driver side is having issues. I noticed that it is on when I turn lights on then it goes out. Sounds like the Prius issue. I would think if they need to be replaced, like any other light, either it works or it does not.

Where is the best and most accurate site to get instructions to replace them? I have replacement lights from Amazon arriving today and I was going to replace them both at the same time.

Thanks!

2. toddrav

toddrav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    sturgidson likes this.
  3. sturgidson

sturgidson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I also watched YouTube instructional videos, including the one linked by toddrav. I've found these bulbs excessively tricky to replace having done both. Mostly due to the very tight spaces you're working with.

No wonder shops and dealerships charge so much to replace them- they remove the entire bumper and light housings, which surely makes things "easier"...

4. toddrav

toddrav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes it was a steep learning curve!

Though after doing mine (which took several days with multiple failed attempts), I was able to replace my sister's HID lights in under 20 min. A skill I now hope remains useless for another 5+ years ;)