1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius road to recovery.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by XJohnX, May 27, 2019.

1. XJohnX

XJohnX New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Good day all.
    My 1st hybrid...
    Bought 2008 from my neighbor. Old man almost never used it. It was sitting in his garage for at least about four years when he started having problems with it.
    The Good: 65k miles. Brand new condition. Goes in to ignition.
    The bad:
    All warning lights are on. From red triangle to engine chek.
    When trying to start. "Ready" blinking with clicking noise by battery pack then nothing.

I did some homework and just want your opinion if I'm on right path.

All fluid levels good and fresh.
    Inverter cooling pump working.
    Battery pack disconnect properly secured
    I don't have genuine 12v battery yet. Using heavy duty semitruck 12v battery atm.
    I will test all fuses again after I post this.
    Connected techstream... Few errors pointing to battery pack. I think 4 and 9 pair is giving me trouble... Or replace whole pack? What do you guys think? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!
    a new pack is the best way to go. if that's too expensive, read through the rebuilding threads. it's a tedious process with an iffy outcome. it depends on the health of the rest of the cells.

some people get lucky, and others are constantly pulling it out and rebuilding. for a car that low in miles, i would spring for a new one and likely have a nice trouble free car.

all the best!(y)