1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius Warranty

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by olimpicars, Dec 30, 2009.

1. olimpicars

olimpicars Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi. Would someone please bring me up-to-date with a name, telephone number, and email address to contact the preferred company and/or individual who sells extended warranties to Prius owners. My car is about to go off of warranty by mileage in the next week or so, and I would like to act on this right away.
    Thanks, and have a Happy New Year.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Search for the Extended Warranty sticky thread here.

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. derh2o

derh2o Junior Member

i would be very careful about warranties. there are a lot of advertised companies selling warranty's, but most are a scam. They work like a pyramid scheme. they collect a lot of money, pay some warranty work and then go out of business and pocket the rest of the money. the only warranty to consider is a Toyota warranty, not a third party warranty. for what it is worth-i lost $1200 on one of these.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    True, you have to be extra careful with third party extended warranties (although I've heard that there are some excellent ones out there sold by insurance companies that are highly rated by A.M. Best Company).

But the extended warranties that PriusChatters get a special discount on are genuine Toyota extended warranties sold by WarrantyShack.com which is Toyota of Greenfield, MA. The discount is significant, e.g., the Toyota Extra Care - Platinum Plan - 7 years/100,000 miles/$-0- deductible extended warranty retails for $1850 (and my dealer tried to sell it to me for $2400), but is available here through WarrantyShack.com for $1055.