1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by George C, Oct 1, 2017.

1. George C

George C Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello Everyone

I have 2008 Prius which has 205/50/16 low profile tires Good Year ATREZZO that are worn down and side cracking happening. Inside the door post says car should have 195/55/16.

I am on website called Kijiji.ca looking for something used and everything I see is 195/65/15
    Here is a link to one selling these same rims I have they measure 17"

add the world wide web short form to the links

kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/kitchener-waterloo/rims-and-hubcaps-for-2008-prius/1295904440?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I do need tires but right now winter is coming and I don't want to use these again for winter so thinking on getting steel rims 16" Walmart Canada $54.99 each 4 rims wtih tax $248.55. And go to tire shop get used snow tires for them but haven't made the plunge.

I also want rims that are original to this car but don't know what it had were they alloy did they look like these

kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/city-of-toronto/toyota-prius-rims-tires/1287575126?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

but these are 195/65 R15 tire size

Did the car come with 15"

I want Good fuel millage and reading everyones posts Tires and rims size point to original rim and low resistant tire.

Thank you,

George

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    canada may be different, but u.s. 2008 package 2 would have 15" wheels with bridgestone LRR tyres or similar. not sure if steel or alloy.

3. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The original rims on my 2009 Gen II are 16"alloy which were part of the "touring" package - at the moment they're shod with 205/50R16V Antares Ingens A1, and for the winter months I have a set of 15" steelies ($52/ea.(inc. shipping)) from TireRack.com which are shod with 185/65R15 Bridgestone Blizzak WS-80s. I went with the 15" steelies as they're far less expensive, and having 15" rims allows a greater selection of tyres from which to choose. …but, as always, YMMV! ;)

4. George C

George C Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wil I went to the link Tire Rack and they are cheaper than Walmart
    Tire Rack $53 Four rims steel $212 Shipping $200.11 $412.11 Total
    Walmart $54.99 Four rims steel 248.55 tax included Free shipping
    I had added the rims at tire Rack in the cart and they had asked if I want to find tires to go along what they showed were 185/65/15 nothing in 195.
    I think I will buy them from Walmart and go to Cansville Tire here in Brantford they have lots of tires As for summer I might just keep the steel ones on so I can get all season instead of winter. We do get snow but it seems roads are cleared before the end of day Rarely ever need snow tires as I do not go far except on Friday when we go to Kitchener for Dinner. If it is snowing take the truck.

5. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got the Blizzaks from my local Toyota dealer two years ago, on their "Buy three and get the fourth for $1" deal - so the rims came from TireRack ($52/rim inc. shipping), and ToN supplied the tyres, balanced the wheels and fitted them the first time. Next time I bought tyres was a year ago last spring when I got the summers (Antares) from local Town Fair Tires. I'll be changing back to the winters at the end of October.