1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Silver #2, Southeast PA, ordered 5/15/08, delivered 7/31/08

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Finesse117, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Finesse117

Finesse117 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Date Ordered: 5/15/08
    Dealer Ordered From: Peruzzi Toyota, Hatfield Pennsylvania
    Timeframe given for delivery: 4-6 weeks
    Color: Spectra Blue or Classic Silver Metallic
    Option Package: #2
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 25

After several time frame adjustments (from 4-6 weeks to 4-6 months), I received my second color choice after 2.5 months.

When they started talking 6 months, I pushed them a bit on the price, since the MSRP had gone up once already while I was waiting. They agreed to honor the May MSRP (with no premium on top). I suspect this actually moved me up the list, because right after the price discussion, they told me I was getting the next car that ported.

I checked a couple other area dealerships during the process, and they were quoting a year wait plus a premium over MSRP. Despite the inaccurate initial timeframe, I think Peruzzi was a good choice. I'm glad I ordered when I did; my salesman said their wait is now ~2 years with 300 people on the list!

I've waited years to be in a financial position to join the happy ranks of hybrid owners, and I'm very excited to finally be here!