1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Spectra Blue Package 3

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by bjmick, Jun 8, 2008.

1. bjmick

bjmick New Member

Ordered Friday, June 6, 2008 from Bill Penney Toyota in Huntsville, AL
    Timeframe given: by the end of July
    Spectra Blue Mica, Package 3 plus carpet mats....

Here we go . . . !!!!!:)

2. bjmick

bjmick New Member

Okay. . . first disappointment in the bag. Called for status last week. Couldn't get my salesman to call me back. Complained next call, and they put the sales manager on the phone. Sales Manager Kevin tells me "Ooo, he was optimistic promising you end of July. Probably looking at mid August right now....... "

And so it goes . . . :-(

3. Spectra

Spectra Amphi-Prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hang tight !

Spectra's forever & ever !

4. hackIT

hackIT Oceanic Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Once you get your Prius, all of the waiting and hoops you had to jump through will be a distant memory. I've said it again and again... this is the most fun I've had driving in a very, very long time!!

Hang tight!!;)

5. bjmick

bjmick New Member

Grrrrrrr!! Now it's nearly August, and my "by the end of July" promise is vaporized. The last guy I talked to, the sales manager, doesn't work there anymore. New promiser says only eleven in front of me now (that's down from 32, at least), and starts asking me if I would be flexible on package or color . . . . can match me up sooner if I flex. Why can't I just get the car I asked for 8 weeks ago !? Wondering if I should flex, or hold firm...... ???

6. taggart

taggart Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Firm, baby, firm! You'll be glad you did in the end.

7. bjmick

bjmick New Member

Finally! After ordering fully 4 months ago, I was really wondering. I have called religiously every 2 or 3 weeks. First had 32 people in front of me, 24, etc., down to 11, then 6. I got a call they had a different package and color, said no. Now, today, 10/10/08, I got my call that MY car, the Spectra Blue Pkg 3, is in their allocation and will be on their lot before the end of the month. It's a 2009, but it's my package and color. Maybe this is real ???!!:p
    Still not planning my flight till he calls and says he's looking right at it..... Can't wait to fly down & drive 'er home. :plane: Thanks, everyone, for encouraging me to stick with it...

8. p1cfl01

p1cfl01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Flying down and drive back? Where are u from and where are you picking up the car? I hope you're not paying premium for this car and have to fly to another state and drive it back. I just bought one Gray/gray 09 Prius PKG #3 for msrp $26399. And my dealer has another 15 Prius on the lot. I hope no one is waiting for cars in the tri-state since they're available. Penn Toyota right by me has 2 on the lot and 6 more incoming, but they're asking $1500 over msrp, that's why I drove out to NJ to buy mine. Ordered last Thurs and picking car up this afternoon, will post pick asap. Good luck all

9. bjmick

bjmick New Member

Oh, no premium at all. I'm talking with my original salesman again now, and he has stuck to his MSRP promise. I'm from Kansas - none in stock around here for months. I've got to go somewhere to get one. The flight is free because I have lots of miles built up, and the drive home is the fun part. I'm flying to Huntsville, AL - Bill Penney Toyota. Though the wait has been longer than expected, 5 months instead of 2, they got the exact car I asked for with just my options, and MSRP all the way. I'm almost there......... ! Going down on Thursday, November 6. Can't wait to get home and post some pics!! :p