1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 throwing ton of codes, mechanic stumped

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by LizzieMass, Sep 16, 2024 at 1:08 PM.

1. LizzieMass

LizzieMass New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2008 Prius with 170k miles. All the lights have been on on the dash and my local mechanic in the Boston area can't resolve it. They suggested it could be the EV battery which I replaced and it didn't fix the issue.

Here are the codes:
    P01010
    C0205
    U0293
    PoA1D
    U0100
    P3000
    UO129
    P0A1D
    C1203
    C1345
    C1392
    U0073
    Next round
    Co205
    C1203
    C1345
    C139w
    U0293
    U0073
    Any ideas what I am looking at as far as next steps? My local mechanic has no clue what to do, and the Greentec battery replacement (folks were great) didn't solve it. I really love this car and want to exhaust every option.

Any thoughts or shop recommendations in MA/NH greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    First thing to check is your 12 volt battery Make sure it has amps behind the voltage it's showing Short the battery for a second does it recover If not time to deal with that looks like you had some communication problems You're solenoid offset valve needs recalibrating and so on did somebody just recently put on a break actuator that's the expensive part of the brakes? But it seems like you've lost a lot of communication or things aren't speaking to each other usually that involves something to do with 12 volts for the computer systems.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You as a Prius owner really should get yourself a capable scan tool The kind that plugs into the plug under your above your knee there and it can Bluetooth to your phone this thing called an AP200 will save you a lot of time and headache You should look into it It's the best $63 you might spend It will save you more money probably then pretty much anything else has so far The codes is your reading them now is not the way to be doing it but if you need to you need to your scanner will help you a lot more or it seems to help me a lot more so.