1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Touring new to me ;)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lwnola, Jun 29, 2017.

1. lwnola

lwnola Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just bought a 2008 Prius Touring, white with tan leather, navigation, bluetooth, backup camera. Have put about 20 miles on it so far :) I have been researching Prii for about 2 months now and I think I have a good one. It has 136,000 miles on it and I'm considering going ahead and buying one of the Prolong battery charging systems just to make sure the battery is in tip top shape.

I do have a couple questions... in the middle of the lower dash there's a small box and it says SmartCard (with a Mute button, Alert, On lights)... any ideas what that is ? I was thinking it might be related to the smart key, but that doesn't seem right....

The other thing, there's a CAT3 cable hanging down from the top, where the roof meets the windshield and there's some sticky stuff on the window from where something was probably hanging....what the heck could that have been ?

I bought it from a dealership and they didn't know.... figured I would see if the gurus here might know ;)

Attached Files:

bisco likes this.
  2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome to PriusChat, and congratulations on your acquisition. You've come to the right place to learn all you're ever likely to need to know about your Prius, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your Prius as much as I enjoy my 2009 Gen II (Touring). A Prolong Grid-Charging System is a very wise investment, and is great insurance for getting the best life out of the TractionBattery. There are lots of other tips and tricks to be learned here in PriusChat, but be warned, PriusChat can be addictive! ;)

PS: The 16" alloy rims on the touring model look much nicer (IMNSHO) sans wheel-trims, so get those wheels nekkid!!! ;)

srellim234 likes this.
  3. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    lwnola likes this.
  4. lwnola

lwnola Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks srellim234, you are exactly correct...they appear to be left from a radar detector setup.
    I'll probably look at re-purposing the power cable for a dashcam instead ;)

srellim234 likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

6. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ooooo! A Touring :)

When, not if, our '05 needs new struts I will get the assemblies for the Touring, that should greatly improve the ride quality.

fotomoto likes this.