1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Touring Package #3 Map button

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mkiefer83, Jan 16, 2008.

1. mkiefer83

mkiefer83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    So, I'm sort of new to PriusChat, I'd been here before, but haven't really been on for about 5 months. I had a 2007 Prius Package #2 previously but I sold it when I started working at Toyota Technical Center to get my new 2008 Prius Touring Package #3.

When I finally got to pick up my '08 last night, I sat down and noticed that even though I didn't have Navigation in my Prius, I've still got a Map and Voice Recognition button on my steering wheel. When I push the Map button, it gives me some error message saying the external box isn't connected or something like that. Anyone else notice this, if so, what's the deal?

Thanks!

~Matt

2. sportygal

sportygal prius 2008 Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I too have a 2008 Touring Prius w/o nav and the buttons on the steering wheel. Wouldn't that be normal to get an error since we did not install the nav system?

3. mkiefer83

mkiefer83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Yeah, I guess it would be normal to get the error; I just thought it was a little odd that they'd still have the buttons there even though there's really no function to them.

Maybe I'll have to get crafty and figure out a way to set the Map button as the EV button once my lease is up.

4. SureValla

SureValla Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have an 07 package 3 with the same result

I believe it just has to do with how toyota packages the buttons. They come in bunches.

If you notice packages under 3 dont come with the buttons on the steering wheel in the upper right that we get. This is because these buttons also control the bluetooth which comes in at package 3.