1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Toyota Prius Fuel Pump Failure?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Milanian896, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Milanian896

Milanian896 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hey all I'm basically asking if there's anything I possibly missed with my diagnosis on my prius as I've gone a wild goose chase with P3190 and P0A0F codes (there was also a code for P0171 and P0137).

So car died and wouldn'd start. I got engine starting fluid and sprayed into the throttle body and got the car to run while I kept spraying more in there (about a minute or so), so I know this is a fuel delivery issue.

Next step, went to the access panel to test the fuel pump: resistance was bouncing between 0.9 and 1.1 ohms which is within spec (0.2-3.0 ohms). Okay, see if it's getting power from the connector; sure enough, yes it's getting 13-14v at the connector when the car is turned on and actively cranking. I have a power supply, so I gave the fuel pump 12v and I can hear the pump running. I even gave the pump 12v directly from my power supply and turned on the car to no avail (cranked over for 10 seconds like it does then it stops).

So, I'm asking, is there anything I missed? I want to be 100% sure it's the fuel pump because the whole tank has to be replaced unfortunately. I have not been able to verify fuel pressure because it's a very specific, and I cannot find what adapter I need to be able to check that, if somebody could tell me tool/part number I need that would be greatly appreciated too.